cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge score drop after simple "update" of my account that was included in bankruptcy. Any ideas?

tag
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Huge score drop after simple "update" of my account that was included in bankruptcy. Any ideas?

I filed for bankrouptcy protection in 2010. Was discharged in November of the same year. To be honest, i've been working very hard on improving my score for the past year only. Got 3 credit cards, pay them off in full..Got my score up to 574, and there we go...One creditor reported my account that was included in bankrouptcy with "included in bankroupcy" notation. Below  is the copy/paste of this entry. Why on Earth am I getting punished twise for the account , that was ALREADY included in bankrouptcy, and I lose almost 30 points??  These credittor will fall off from my report in a year (6 yrs from last activity), but it still is very, very confusing. Anyone can help me to understand these problem? Thanks

CIBC CARD SERVICES
Phone Number:Not Available High Credit/Credit Limit:$2,000.00
Account Number:XXX...712 Payment Amount:$10.00
Association to Account:Individual Balance:Not Available
Type of Account:Revolving Past Due:Not Available
Date Opened:2007-01 Date of Last Activity:2008-09
Status:Paid as agreed and up to date Date Reported:2013-08
Months Reviewed:02
Payment History:No payment 30 days late
No payment 60 days late
No payment 90 days late
Prior Paying History: 
Comments:

Included in bankruptcy
Monthly payments

BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Huge score drop after simple "update" of my account that was included in bankruptcy. A

After you file for BK the creditors are obligated to report the account as IIB with a 0 balance.

Had this creditor been reporting before the BK or did they just start after?

Message 2 of 6
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Huge score drop after simple "update" of my account that was included in bankruptcy. A

once before, and this was the second entry..

Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Can you clarify.

Did they add another account along with the original account?  So, technically, this is a duplicate account?

Message 4 of 6
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

No, this is the original account with citation "incleded in bankrouptcy". I am very, very confused.. How could i possibly lose 30 hard earned points just for nothing?
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If I read what you have posted concerning the account correctly, the last time it was updated was 2008.  Is that correct?

If it was, by the update to IIB, it used the current date making the account appear newer.  That is the reason for the score drop.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.