Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huh ?

tag
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Huh ?

Just got 2 alerts..one from EX and one from myFico.

I didn't check my EX alert yet (will right after I post this ) but I checked myfico

and it seems my EQ Fico score jumped 11 pts from 650 to 661.

I don't see any changes on my report but I did sleep at a best western ..LOL...Only thing I did

was lastnight applied for a Cap1 card but never got an answer and have to wait for the mail.

What gives ?

Oh..Yes I'm happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Huh ?

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Need help...I'm confused..

I'm trying to view my EX score alert but I don't see any score...I see my report but can't figure where to look for my score..no where to be found.

So I go to the main page and it says

"You must have a current copy of your Experian personal credit report in order to use this service. If you have a copy, please enter the report number listed at the top of the report. If you do not have a report number that you received within the last 90 days, order a current copy of your personal credit report."

I have a copy that I printed out when I signed up for their service but don't see a "report number" listed at the top of report.

All I see is my "membership id #" which is on the left side and not all the way on top.

I'm afraid to use it because I may get locked out again . Calling them to get unlocked is like trying to get into

the WH.

Where and how do I view my new score alert..I'm so excited and need to see it now..you know the feeling Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Dated yesterday but recieved today..Hmmmm. Anyway..I never applied for any home
loan ( I will be ) and wondering if this has ever happened to people and with a score bump up included ?

I just signed up for SW a few days ago....go figure.  Wonder if I cancel my SW then sign back up I
might get another score bump Smiley Wink

Strange but feels good Smiley Very Happy

Still trying to figure out where my EX score is on that website.
  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Score Watch® alert October 26, 2011
View details of other recent alerts:  
10/26/201110/25/2011
Alert:Your FICO® score has gone up

Score Watch alert/Changes to your FICO® Score

Your FICO® score has gone up to 661 on October 26, 2011.

Interest rate alert:Your new score of 661 may qualify you for an interest rate of 4.344%.
Rate as of October 26, 2011 for a 30 year mortgage. See interest rates for all FICO® scores.

Your FICO score may have gone up because the following factor is not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

Message 4 of 7
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Not Nice EX..They sent me a score alert and not only is my

score the same (585) it says...

"You have no Alerts."

Huh ?

I have my score alerts set to alert me if it goes up or down more than 1 point.

Me thinks SW is selling my info to mortgage lenders..I do have a 4 star rating on EX for a co-op mortgage that I had so

maybe SW knows this also and shopping my info around.

What ya think ?

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What service are you using to receive Experian alerts? You'd have to log into that service to trace back the source of the alert. Experian offers more services than I can count, but they could include freecreditreport, creditchecktotal, and others. I'd ignore their FAKO anyway.

SW has nothing to do with EX and myFICO and EQ certainly wouldn't cooperate with EX...bad blood between myFICO and EX.

DW and I have had SW via myFICO for 4+ years now. I'm also leery about people selling my info, but despite using a dedicated spam e-mail in the beginning, I never received anything other than SW alerts and myFICO offers on that e-mail.

Message 6 of 7
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Huh ?

Just recieved another score alert...

My score jumped to 684 as of October 28, 2011...thats up an additional 23 points Smiley Very Happy

So I signed up on Oct 22nd 2011 and my score was 650...few days later it went to 661 (11 pts up)

then today it goes up an additional 23 pts bringing it up to 684.

I checked my alerts and everything is the same. I have

several disputes in for old account's that were paid in full to either

the OC and CA's. None have been deleted but do show Paid.

They are still listed when they should have beed deleted at the time .Deals I

made over the phone before I knew anything about the rules or laws years ago. I took their word

for it (wrong move on my part for being trusting) and never bothered to check until last year when

I got my free report. I was so disgusted seeing I was lied to I didn't even bother to do anything to correct it until now.

I want to buy a house and need this stuff to be cleared up...that's why I'm here learning

as much as I can and not to be hoodwinked again....still have a ways to go but it will get done !

So why has my score jump a total of 34 pts in 2 days and all movement

happened in 6 days ?

Or is there a Higher Power looking out for me ?

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.