TU 716 10/21/10
Goal - At my age, just staying alive

lol, I hear that!

Every morning my eyes open, I say thank you Lord.  Smiley Wink

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 11 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: I GIVE UP

FRUSTRATED, I can relate. I have chronic pain and incurable illness, just getting ready for the day takes a HUGE effort.

Getting up out of bed, and telling myself every step to take,if i can make to the bathroom thats one step, Then wash my hair and take a shower thats the next step. Get dressed, do my hair, put on my special very tight hose for my legs, then the braces for the knees too.Wow my muscle feel a little bit better now after that shower.

Now it time for breakfast, if I can make it to the kitchen and make something to eat, baby steps one step at a time.My mom is 73yrs old and goes to the store everyday,doesnt understand why it takes me so long, just to get ready and started for the day.But I look at the news and see the vets come home with one leg and some without legs. And I feel like, if they can make it so can I.

Look around you can always find someone having a harder time then you are, and they are not giving up.So find out what works for you.

Music works for me, also laugher, friends,family Oh and now myfico family helps too.Try helping others out here on the boards.let them know they are not alone,that you've been in the same situation or are going thru the same together.You said" you wont get in the situation again" use that knowledge to help others avoid the heartache that you had experience.

Come back and tell us, what you are so upset about,maybe we can help maybe we cant, it doesnt hurt to try. I received some very bad new today, that my ex daughter inlaw won temp custody of my 3 lovely granddaughters.So actually YOU are helping me, be distracted so I wont think about it. If we cant help you, I heard time will heal all wounds.......sometimes we have to make the best out of a bad situation.Proverb come back and lets talkSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 12 of 17
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

FRUSTRATED, I can relate. I have chronic pain and incurable illness, just getting ready for the day takes a HUGE effort.

Getting up out of bed, and telling myself every step to take,if i can make to the bathroom thats one step, Then wash my hair and take a shower thats the next step. Get dressed, do my hair, put on my special very tight hose for my legs, then the braces for the knees too.Wow my muscle feel a little bit better now after that shower.

Now it time for breakfast, if I can make it to the kitchen and make something to eat, baby steps one step at a time.My mom is 73yrs old and goes to the store everyday,doesnt understand why it takes me so long, just to get ready and started for the day.But I look at the news and see the vets come home with one leg and some without legs. And I feel like, if they can make it so can I.

Look around you can always find someone having a harder time then you are, and they are not giving up.So find out what works for you.

Music works for me, also laugher, friends,family Oh and now myfico family helps too.Try helping others out here on the boards.let them know they are not alone,that you've been in the same situation or are going thru the same together.You said" you wont get in the situation again" use that knowledge to help others avoid the heartache that you had experience.

Come back and tell us, what you are so upset about,maybe we can help maybe we can't, it doesn't hurt to try. I received some very bad new today, that my ex daughter inlaw won temp custody of my 3 lovely granddaughters.So actually YOU are helping me, be distracted so I wont think about it. If we can't help you, I heard time will heal all wounds.......sometimes we have to make the best out of a bad situation.Proverb come back and lets talkSmiley Wink

May God bless you,  and help you thru each and every day.    I will pray for you to have pain free days ahead.  Keep the faith.   I admire your courage.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 13 of 17
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

+1

Will keep you in my prayers

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lightnin!  Beautifully done and a great job putting it all in proper perspective.

Talk about a SUPERB Contribution from a SUPERB contributor  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 ( May God bless your heart and soul and bring a reversal to the custody of your grandchildren. Amen)

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have less than 2 years to go on my 10 year odessy to repair my credit and I am 54 now.  It is never too late to make a change and there is never a reason to give up.  As they say, past is past.

So true.   I got burned in the last recession and this time around I was very prepared and a lot smarter.  Avoided all the tricks and traps, avoided housing, budgeted EVERYTHING RELIGIOUSLY, went on a cash diet for a while, used credit sparingly but kept some accounts open and alive.   Was able to improve my lifestyle over what I had before the 2001 recession and rely on credit sparingly, then as the crap fell off the reports I increased my credit but still shied away from it because it was expensive credit.

Now I have lower-cost credit and even then, I use it for its advantages, not as a substitute for income.   Never put on a balance and let it revolve unless you already got 120% of that amount already sitting in cash or something similar to cash.   Don't let revolving balances creep.  If you push them up, you should spend at least 3 months working them back down or if you can't work 'em down, then wipe them off by going to savings.

And you should periodically trim leaks out of your budget of useless stuff that you don't need.   Magazine subscriptions that are useless, phone lines that you almost never use, cut back on energy use even for small things.... like use a netbook and leave your desktop turned off unless you really need the desktop for something, cancel gym membership and switch to one that offers a cheaper deal or bribe your gym into keeping you for a discount.    If you're moving apartments and public transit is available, see if you can maneuver yourself in a way where you don't need to drive to work but can use transit instead of the car.  With cable TV it has gotten easier to threaten them with cancellation and they'll put you back on promo rates.    Every little bit counts, and that can help build a cash cushion AND at the same time limit how much you need to use credit.

Since you have less of a need for credit, you should be able to get more of it (start with secured cards, ANYBODY can get them if you know where you look).   Banks love to extend credit to people who have little need for it, and love to take it away from people who want to use it the most.  Funny how that works.     When you have secured cards and got a history established, it should be easier to get to the major store cards like Target and Macys.   And from there the lower end majors (Capital One, HSBC).    

Keep all these accounts in perfect condition and let them marinate on your reports.  Your FICO will rise.    That's the rebuilding part.   The other part is minimizing your negatives---bribe collectors to delete, ask for goodwill, dispute incorrect info, and don't be afraid to look for FCRA and FDCPA violations and exercise your rights to litigate.    Don't give collectors any leverage over you.  If they won't negotiate, you should remain as uncollectible as possible.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.