Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Hate Equifax

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: I Hate Equifax

They must be having problems with their system, UGHAIN.  I couldn't get on to see my report today either.  I know I answered the secret questions right.....Here's one for you - my mortgage is through "Wells Fargo Home Loan" --- but the CRA asked me who is your home loan thru, and one answer was "Wells Fargo and Company" === Do you think that is a trick questions??  Or is that their name?  (If it is their name thenI did answer the questions wrong).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 12
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I Hate Equifax - REALLY!!!

Ok, I can officially say that I hate Equifax now. Smiley Mad

I have been pulling my credit reports (almost) daily using USAA CMS to keep an eye on my credit profile/progress, and I noticed today that Equifax has DELETED 14 older positive tradelines, all having last activity in 2005/2006.  Needless to say, my AAoA has dropped from 6+ years to 4 yrs 4 months.

From what I've read on here, this could be due to something called a "split file" because their system can't hold all my data (I did have an extremely large file with 62 accounts reporting, and it's now at 48).  Also, it looks like my daily monitoring has possibly caused this by adding too many inquiries.

Has anyone had any success with EQ and having tradelines added back to your credit profile?  I didn't read anything positive about ones' experiences in doing so... Smiley Sad

Also, does anyone have any idea what this may do to my FICO score by lowering the AAoA?  FWIW, I only have positive accounts reporting, so I don't think I'll take a hit that way.  However, I have an auto refinance that's not yet reported, and another student loan that will report in probably September, so neither of those are going to help things.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.