cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I KNEW I should have gotten rid of the closed HSBCs!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I KNEW I should have gotten rid of the closed HSBCs!

I didn't bother since they didn't seem to be hurting. HOWEVER now I see they are both counted as 'New Accounts' as in my account says '7 New Accounts' instead of 5.

How do I get these off my report, i.e. how do I dispute off w/o pissing off HSBC? I got the replacement card and htose are just the old account #s.  First one was their fault (sent to wrong activation address) second was mine. Those have to be hurting in that column (well I know they are because HSBC!!! just turned me down because I had '7 new accounts in the last year)

ARRGH!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I KNEW I should have gotten rid of the closed HSBCs!

Start badgering them about the first one, where they messed up, but suck it up and live with the second one. You app'd, you changed your mind, it's yours.

It can keep company with my now-closed Barclays' Barnes and Noble MC.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Start badgering them about the first one, where they messed up, but suck it up and live with the second one. You app'd, you changed your mind, it's yours.

It can keep company with my now-closed Barclays' Barnes and Noble MC.

No, sorry if I was unclear, these are not inquiries. I was approved last Feb, they sent to wrong address. Cancelled, and re-sent me my new card.  Both report (the actual card and the 'lost card'). Then in the summer I lost my card. They sent a new one. Since all have different cards, my replacement card and the other closed ones report. Same account. Reports to CRA as 3 new accounts, shows up under "# of new accounts' and drops average age (since I have 3 1 year cards instead of 1).
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, that is a mess.

Classy CCC's would date everything to the original opening date, and only display the lost/stolen cards (I think there's a requirement) for whatever that minimum time period is. But we're talking HSBC here, so...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure HSBC wants their holders to fail or at least be late.

In any event, they *are* all dated to the original card date, however that was 2/08. So it looks like 3 new cards. Avg age also affected because on I think 15 accounts is about 8 years so just taking those two off gains me a whole year in AA on top of that. They also report $0 CL so I have these two 'New' accounts not even helping with payment history or CL.

I'm going to call HSBC in the am.

You mentioned the 'requirement' for reporting lost cards? Original 'lost' card was 1 year ago, the other was several months ago. Do you know the law on this?  I mean I can't see HSBC making a stink except that between 'can't see' and 'making a stink' the word HSBC appears Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.