Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVISE AND HELP!!!!

tag
bsal
Frequent Contributor

I NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVISE AND HELP!!!!

HEY GUYS AND GALS, I HAVE A PROB WELL MORE OF A QUESTION AND I NEED YOUR HELP, I PURCHESED THE SUZE ORAMN FICO KIT PLATINUM AND ON THE UNDERSTANDING YOUR FICO SCORE TAB IT LIST WHERE IT SAYS WHATS HURTING MY SCORE ITS TELLING ME I RECENTLY MISSED A PAYMENT 6 MONTHS AGO BUT MY PROB IS I CANT FIND THE ACCOUNT WHERE I MISSED ANY PAYMENTS BECAUSE THE ACCOUNTS THAT ON MY EQ ACCOUTN ARE COLLECTIONS THAT ARE ALL PAID. HOW DO I FIND WHAT PAYMENT IT WAS THAT WAS MISSED 6MONTHS AGO? CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME WIT THIS PROBLEM?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: I NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVISE AND HELP!!!!

Presumably if an account is in collection, you missed payments on it at some point
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to view your CR and look for notations like, Closed, Open, Paid as Agrees.... Late 30 days. They should all be together in the same area.

Collections usually mean more than 30 days late. Each collection should include lates from the accounts they are collecting for too. The lates wont's show on the collection as collection is way past late. But the accounts they are collection for should be notated as late. There might not be little red squares showing late marks. Try a browser search (EDIT - FIND) for the word "Late" and see the search feature on your computers browser can locate them.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-03-2008 12:42 PM
Message 3 of 6
bsal
Frequent Contributor

thanks for respoinding guys but here is the thing i understand when its in collections it means its late but those collections have been paid in full over a year ago why would it say late 6 months ago i guess thats where i'm lost at? any idea?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the down side. Paying only stops further lates but never undos what was already done. Some people after paying off a collection try to dispute the collection to see if the CA ignores the dispute resulting in removing the collection from your reports. Then other will also send good will letters to the original creditor to ask them to remove the lates. But paying it does not remove lates... They stay in the history.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ilovepizza is right, and in more than her choice for a cool screen name. Even if you pay off an account, any past late payments remain.

That's why it's best to try and catch up a late-paid account BEFORE it goes into collections. Bringing an account current and maintaining a financial relationship with a creditor makes a successful GW of the late payments down the road far more likely.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.