Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ASKED.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ASKED.....

Does anyone know if county courts are able or ever willing to delete public records eg.,paid tax leins or paid collections?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ASKED.....

No they cannot remove tradelines from your credit reports per se if that is what you are asking.
Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:
No they cannot remove tradelines from your credit reports per se if that is what you are asking.

It's possible that anything can be removed from your credit reports. Is it likely a paid tax lien can be removed, no!
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused111 wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

It's possible that anything can be removed from your credit reports. Is it likely a paid tax lien can be removed, no!

Question was can the court remove it. Try to have a court delete a BK or a tax lien. They will tell you no. Its a catch 22.
Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused111 wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

The CRA has to remove it. IF you are lucky you can get a letter from the court saying they don't verify info but they won't delete the info.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about small claims judgment?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.