New Contributor
juliemgates

I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ASKED.....

Does anyone know if county courts are able or ever willing to delete public records eg.,paid tax leins or paid collections?
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ASKED.....

No they cannot remove tradelines from your credit reports per se if that is what you are asking.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

smallfry wrote:
No they cannot remove tradelines from your credit reports per se if that is what you are asking.

It's possible that anything can be removed from your credit reports. Is it likely a paid tax lien can be removed, no!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Senior Contributor
smallfry

fused111 wrote:

smallfry wrote:

It's possible that anything can be removed from your credit reports. Is it likely a paid tax lien can be removed, no!

Question was can the court remove it. Try to have a court delete a BK or a tax lien. They will tell you no. Its a catch 22.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

fused111 wrote:

smallfry wrote:

The CRA has to remove it. IF you are lucky you can get a letter from the court saying they don't verify info but they won't delete the info.
Established Contributor
bren39

what about small claims judgment?
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}