Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want to Testify!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Want to Testify!!!!!

Hello all of myfico friends,

Just wanted to say through the grace of God and the help from all of you,  I have reached the 600 club. I also wanted to share some information.  I found out that I had 2 fico scores from Equifax.  I had two files because I had a file with my maiden name on it.  When they merged the files, I went from the mid 500's to the low 600's.  If anyone has had a slight name change for any reason, even if some of your credit cards have your name with or without a middle initial you might want to call the credit bureaus to make sure you don't have 2 separate files that need to be merged. The only thing you have to do is call and request they be merged and fax over a drivers license and paystub, etc.

Again, thanks for all of your help, especially Shane.  He's the best.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Re: I Want to Testify!!!!!

Thanks, China, good to know and congrats on the score increase.

Hearts
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats, chinadoll, and great detective work!

How did you realize that you had two separate files? I've heard of split files, where one file breaks apart, but most people realize that because suddenly their scores start going up and down by the exact same strange figure, like +48 and -48.

But completely different files due to maiden names, etc. --that's pretty disturbing! Do these people not look at SSN's at all??? Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out by applying for a mortgage.  Otherwise I wouldn't have known.  I had 2 scores with Equifax one was a 569 and the other was a 635.  When the merged the 2 the score was averaged.  I really think they don't care to look at SSN's, we are just numbers and not real people, remember. LOL!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.