cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am charging 8k on my American Express , will this drop my score if?

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: I am charging 8k on my American Express , will this drop my score if?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am making a 8k purchase on my American Express this week and I was going to let the amount post to the bureaus and pay it off next month. I am trying to get my UTI up because AMX just reports a balance. My thoughts are it will help my UTI and once it's paid off then that will help strengthen my score? Advice

AMEX charge cards do show a high balance on your CB reports. That high balance is used as a psuedo credit limit when calculating aggregate credit limit. So yes, long term the charge should effectively raise your aggregate CL.

Example:

1) you have revolving credit cards with an aggregate CL of $89k

2) you have an AMEX card with a $1k HB, total card CL is then $90k

3) you allow an $11k balance to report on your AMEX charge card

4) Your HB increases to $11k the next month and your total card CL is now $100k

Note: Not sure how the 100% card UT for the charge card is looked at from a max out perspective for scoring duing th month it happens.

Let us know.

I don't see my charge card on my report

Your charge card is a business card.  Very few CCCs (just cap one and others I forgot) report to personal.  Last year, Amex reported to EQ business.  This year they are reporting to D&B.  Chase reports to ex business.  So my business card never showed up on personal.  I have business record with equifax, but not experian.  I now have a D&B profile, but need four accounts to generate a paydex score (something I probably will not do).  Some credit unions offer business cards, but I do not know if they report to personal.

PS, hidden trade lines are a GOOD thing.  You now have one.  Suggest getting more.

Smiley Happy Thanks for the information Smiley Happy 

So I guess by "hidden trade line" you mean a credit line that doesn't report to the personal credit reporting agencies.

Questions:

1. Is it really a trade line if you have to repay it right away? I.e., no extension of credit?

2. Would you have any suggestions for others I might want to get for my business?

3. How does one access this information about one's business credit profile?

Best if asked in business credit section.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: I am charging 8k on my American Express , will this drop my score if?

Imperfectfuture wrote:.........

Best if asked in business credit section.

Done.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/What-is-a-hidden-trade-line/td-p/4397349

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.