Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am now in the 700 CLUB!!!! WOOHOOO MAJOR MILESTONE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am now in the 700 CLUB!!!! WOOHOOO MAJOR MILESTONE

Hi All!

My TU score just hit 700!!! I messed up my credit roughly 6.75 years ago and accumulated 3 collection accounts and 2 charge offs, hence why my scores were in the 500s. I've recently had 2 collections and charge offs removed EE from TU. Long story short, I've been paying my bills but at the same time, I've managed to get in a little bit of debt $5k. Some of my cards were @ 50-70% usage! My scores forever were hovering in the 640-660 range and could never get over 660...I did notice the simulator saying to pay my balances off and how my score would go up..

So I did that, I paid down my OVERALL utilization from 30% down to 12% according to myFico TU report. I've also eliminated the amount of cards reporting a balance. My score in the last week shot up from 670 to 685 then from 685 to 700! A lot of my INQ's from last year have now aged over 1+ year old. My accounts have now reached the 1+ year mark. LIFE IS GOOD!! I still have 1 remaining medical collection on TU which they offered a pfd, I'm assuming once the last collection comes off I'll see another score bump....but as of now, today, December 11, 2015 my TU score is 700!! 

I know it's not the best score, but I'll be damned if I ever let my credit get ruined again. The last year has been a tremendous learning lesson for me and I owe it all to these forums and the wealth of information provided by all you amazing individuals. This is the highest my score has EVER been. But damn does utilization have a HUGE impact on your score, at least for me it was what was holding me back from the 700 club.

if anyone has any questions to how and what got me here, I'd be glad to help and share anything I can to help the next man in line. 

graph.jpg

score.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am now in the 700 CLUB!!!! WOOHOOO MAJOR MILESTONE

MODS:

Can you please move this into 'rebuilding' please!

Message 2 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!

@Anonymous TU score just hit 700!!! I messed up my credit roughly 6.75 years ago and accumulated 3 collection accounts and 2 charge offs, hence why my scores were in the 500s. I've recently had 2 collections and charge offs removed EE from TU. Long story short, I've been paying my bills but at the same time, I've managed to get in a little bit of debt $5k. Some of my cards were @ 50-70% usage! My scores forever were hovering in the 640-660 range and could never get over 660...I did notice the simulator saying to pay my balances off and how my score would go up..

So I did that, I paid down my OVERALL utilization from 30% down to 12% according to myFico TU report. I've also eliminated the amount of cards reporting a balance. My score in the last week shot up from 670 to 685 then from 685 to 700! A lot of my INQ's from last year have now aged over 1+ year old. My accounts have now reached the 1+ year mark. LIFE IS GOOD!! I still have 1 remaining medical collection on TU which they offered a pfd, I'm assuming once the last collection comes off I'll see another score bump....but as of now, today, December 11, 2015 my TU score is 700!! 

I know it's not the best score, but I'll be damned if I ever let my credit get ruined again. The last year has been a tremendous learning lesson for me and I owe it all to these forums and the wealth of information provided by all you amazing individuals. This is the highest my score has EVER been. But damn does utilization have a HUGE impact on your score, at least for me it was what was holding me back from the 700 club.

if anyone has any questions to how and what got me here, I'd be glad to help and share anything I can to help the next man in line. 

graph.jpg

score.jpg

That's awesome turkey, you should be proud. Keep up the good work.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congratulations!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you everyone!

Message 6 of 7
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.