cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am still confused about all of this

tag
cjs

I am still confused about all of this

Have asked this before, bundled into a different question, but never got an answer. And perhaps it cant be answered.

How often should we expect to see changes in credit scores. I subscribed to experian in Feb (yes FAKO, not FICO but still) and have brought down my balance from 17 percent of credit to about 34 percent of credit. This includes a home equity loan. If I were to look simply at the three credit cards, I have paid down from about  40,000 to about 20,000 in that period (total limit of 50,000). A number of delinquencies up to Ja of 2005 but all payments on time since then.

The credit score has not budged by a single diget in the 10 months since I began monitoring it.

Is this typical?

Many thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am still confused about all of this

Have you pulled all 3 CR's from the CRA's?  Perhaps there is something on them that you are not aware of that is effecting you adversely.

If I get this right in Feb. 2007, you had only 3 credit cards with a combined utilization factor of 80%(40,000/50,000), and now that utilization factor stands at 40%(20,000/50,000). From what I've learned here 40% utils can still effect you adversely.

But certainly(I would think) that your scores would have fluctuated slightly.

By the way, what are the scores? There's so many variables, that without detailed information, it's hard to issue any kind of a valid opinion. And that's just my opinion. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
cjs

The one here 686. The fako experian score - the one that hasn't budged 656. Transunion 658.

the reports look totally clean for the past 22 months. Paying about 3000 each month to bring things down. Of course with a 29.99 percent interest rate on two of the cards - which are included in my percent usage but actually closed by the lender - a lot has gone to interest.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Experian and their plus score as well.  Not only has my scored never stayed the same for longer than a couple of months (even if it only moves a couple points, it still moves), I would think yours more dynamic because of all of the changes you've done. 

Very strange...this may be a weird question, but I've seen this happen before; are you pulling fresh reports?  Or looking at archived reports?  Not to be insulting, but your choices are 1)View archived reports or 2) view current report, and then across the page is the 'View your new credit report for FREE (if you're a subscriber).  I've seen folks choose the 'View current report' thinking it was pulling a fresh report each time, when it's really not.  Check the top of the report to be certain it's today's date.

Message Edited by OBXFrank on 11-08-2007 12:38 PM
Message 4 of 5
cjs

I am pulling fresh reports. The actual credit report is correct - it reflects the declining balances. I have called their contact number several times to ask if there is some computer glitch. Once I got a woman who said she saw something - that a new score was ready but that it was not being pulled into the report.

She supposedly contacted their IT people. When I hadn't heard after a week I called again and got a supervisor who discounted me. Unfortunately I did not get the name of the first person I talked to.

I will pull a fico score for experian shortly, in preparation for refinancing. But as you can imagine given the work I am doing to repair credit, this is frustrating - either because the score really does not change or because it does and I have not way to see that.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.