Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't understand

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't understand

I paid off my credit cards to make the balance 0.

So debt to credt ration is always 0.

Here's what happened. I used my credit card whose credit limit is 500 to buy sth, and my balance went up from 0 to 25.

And my credit score dropped by 12 points.

does it make sense? I can't understand what's going on.

so I paid off my balance, 25. 

does credit score go down when I use credit cards?

I mean I just spent 25 dollars, that's it.

I'm really confused whether I can use credit card for future or not.

ugh.

let me know the answer. plz 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't understand

I just checked Equifax, and they said my credit card balance went up by significant percentage by 2500%.

WTF.......

Plus my credit card balance also went up by siginificant amount 25.

Do you really think 25 dollars is supposed to be siginificant amount?

JEEEEZZZ

Message 2 of 5
creditbroke
Contributor

I can only add what just happened to us. We added a 500 secured card and saw nice point gains , I used it for a few things and the balance hit $401 .We paid it in full but it reported as $401 used on a $500 limit and my wifes score dropped 107 points.

Now after some reading in here,I see that we need to pay the balance before they report it each month.

Waiting on the Capital one to start reporting so it can balance out my hard learned lesson.

Anyone know what time of month they report?

Message 3 of 5
creditbroke
Contributor

Update that 107 point drop was from her fako score from Experian,her balance just showed up onTU so we bought her Fico score and it only dropped 32 points.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good reminder to totally ignore FAKo scores - they will drive you absolutely nuts - and for no reason.  They do not correlate with FICO scores.  Thanks for posting this - great reminder!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.