Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did it got my total CC from 79% to 8%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it got my total CC from 79% to 8%

Omg I'm so exited I got my total CC utilization from 79% to 8% this month..I love this forum!! Thanks so much!! How many estimated points should I look to get once everything gets reported. I have a car loan and student loan all are paid on time as well...

Eq 585
TU 615
EX 610.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I did it got my total CC from 79% to 8%

Congratulations! 

Be ready to be offered better cards, better rates, and higher limits!

Message 2 of 18
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Now that's an achievement to be proud of!

While there's nothing wrong with an occasional bump in utilization--we've all been there--your credit scores undoubtedly will improve now that you've reduced your utilization. Keep up the good work!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work :-)

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Omg I'm so exited I got my total CC utilization from 79% to 8% this month..I love this forum!! Thanks so much!! How many estimated points should I look to get once everything gets reported. I have a car loan and student loan all are paid on time as well...

Eq 585
TU 615
EX 610.

Congrats on reducing your debt...even if you gained no points (which I'm sure you'll gain something) dropping your utilization is a bonus in an of itself. 

Message 6 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 LoquatSmiley Happy. Reducing debt should always be a top priority. Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 18
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, Sweet2017.  You are doing fantastically well.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 8 of 18
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome!  Great Job!  

No one can accurately guess or estimate how much your score will improve.  Be assured they should improve. Smiley Happy  And, now you can look forward to the rewards of your hard work in the near future!

Message 9 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on decreasing your UT. Yes, it's a wonderful feeling! I only had one card in 2016 -- the NFCU platinum -- when I decreased my UT from 74% to ~5%, my score increased a whopping 27pts. Of course, YMMV depending on other factors in your CR.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.