Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a 751 TU FICO!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 751 TU FICO!!!!

I do daily pulling with creditkarma. Usually it's always in the mid-670s. Today however it was 722. The only thing that was significant was that my BOA World Points must've reported a zero balance. (It previously was reporting $538 on a $4k balance...I do my best keep overall utilization low). I'm a PIFer and I have a $438 balance with Barclays B&N on a $1100 limit. That's the only thing I see.

So I have questions.

1) My score for the last month or so was 703 on TU. What would have caused a 48 jump? The only other thing I can think of is that my Sterling accounts just hit a year anniversary as well. Oh and that my baddie from Credit One fell off on it's own. That must've been it as it's not there in today's FICO but it's there in the FICO I bought 2 days ago.

2) Aside from reapplying for a Hooters MC (not going to happen), what else can I do with such a nice TU Fico? My EQ is 694 and EX....who the ---- knows. As of 2/13/09 it was 680, and I know it had to have gone up. Should I get a bank to do a hard pull for me? (My mind and heart is dead-set against it, but I figured I get opinions).

I'm just amazed in the almost two years of credit rebuild/repair, my score could ever get that high. I am extremely pleased, but I do not think that I can go on app sprees until my repo falls off by the end of the year. Unless I know of a good TU puller that will automatically approve me. The only bigs ones that I know are Hooters and Barclays....I'd be pleased as punch to know of any current ones.

Thank you, and I am friggin happy....!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got a 751 TU FICO!!!!

Oh, man....you are so Totally Above Average!!!!  Congratulations on your lovely score!
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh, man....you are so Totally Above Average!!!!  Congratulations on your lovely score!

Thanks, man.

I guess Fico would disagree with you about me being Above Average (despite the name...):

A FICO® score of 751 is about average. Most lenders would consider scores in this range as good, and an indication that you are a dependable borrower. Based on your score alone, you might expect the following:

• It is very unlikely your applications for credit cards or other loans will be turned down, based on your score alone.
  • Most lenders will consider offering you very attractive and competitive rates and terms on loans.
  • Many lenders will be able to provide you with an instant approval status based on your score.

It'd be great if my EQ would match this but they're still holding on to my old Credit One derog. (As well as EX)

My Credit Check Total FAKOs are 713 EX, 744 TU (though it's been at 744 since I've been 703 FICO) and 671 EQ. I think I'm of the opinion that the credit I have, I'm going to have for the duration until either they age and/or my baddies fall off. My last baddie was a student loan baddie (that I had to "rehabilitate" at the beginning of 2007 and has since been paid off after the "student loan rehabilitation" was over) will still be there until 2010, but the rehabilitated loan shows up as PIFed, so I don't think it will hurt me that much as the repo I got in 2002. That goes away in end of '09 and the SOL for that amount is over and done with. I had some debt collector try to scam me for $4k over what's in my reports, but I was able to sucessfully fend them off by saying I know the debt is SOL and if they try to collect, I will sue them.

Other than that, and a few INQs on EQ, I otherwise have a decent, clean report. I just wish I could get just one more CC so that I can keep my util even lower. But I guess the trade off is that every couple of months I get $25 toward Barnes and Nobles...LOL.

Message 3 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The median FICO score is supposed to be around 720. The current average FICO score has recently been reported by Fair Isaac to be considerably lower than that. It is very safe to say 751 is AboveAverage. Good Job!
Message 4 of 31
Established Contributor

AboveAverage,

Congratulations!

You are well on your way to becoming a FICO High Achiever.

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I am now unofficially in the 700 club!!

I just pulled my EQ just now as my INQ from Sterling (Kays, Jared, JB Robinson) last year would not count in my current scoring. EQ=701! I went up 7 points because of that one INQ. I am definitely motivated to make that Public Record correct (I have a tax lien that's showing unpaid, but it (really) has been paid. In fact I didn't know that the tax lien would ever show up on my reports, but it did after the Government got it's money. I tried in vain to get it off, but now I am convinced I can get it higher if I just keep it up, or at least show that it's paid.

The same public record shows up on EX but EX has historically (for me) been a better score than EQ. I know my FICO has shot up to 700 land there, but can't say with certainty until I get it pulled. But if I can squeeze 19 more points, I can truly be AboveAverage.

Thanks to all. I never thought I'd see 700-land.

Message 6 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It would be good to get the PR to indicate it was paid, but paid or unpaid it will stay on your CBR's until it ages off unless it is removed. Good Luck!
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It would be good to get the PR to indicate it was paid, but paid or unpaid it will stay on your CBR's until it ages off unless it is removed. Good Luck!

Yeah, I'm gonna find my lien release tonight and make the necessary phone calls/letters happen this week. The public record I can at least explain away (and did). The "unpaid loan", no matter how old, isn't looked at too favorably by the fresh out of school sorority (enter "whatever" here) CSRs that give you major attitude when you ask for a recon.

I just thank God I was able to dump money in my secured BOA CC when I had the opportunity to do so. Otherwise, I'd be stuck at low, triple-digit CLs. Which I now have to figure out what to do with those. I have about 2 of those (Target=$200 and ExxonMobile $300 [They did give me a generous $100 CLI not too long ago...bless their generous hearts.........). I am inclined to keep them since they don't charge an AF. But at this point it's all about "strategery" with getting new credit (in the not-so-immediate future) with high CLs.

Message 8 of 31
let
Regular Contributor

so awesome! I just dream about those scores..TU 624, Eq 587.. congratulations though!
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@let wrote:
so awesome! I just dream about those scores..TU 624, Eq 587.. congratulations though!

My friend, no lie, that was me too. I was dreaming about them a year ago, and definitely when I first registered on MyFico and other places. From the time a buddy of mine pulled all three scores back in March 2007 (My mid score was 555 and on all of my CRs, I was pretty much sub 600). Of course, everyone is different, but in my case, I had to go through student loan rehabilitation, and a bunch of collections that were treated as "erroneous" [wrong date, wrong amount, etc.] But I got them deleted. Of course, that was just half the battle. The other half was obtaining credit (be it low limit or high interest) and just stay within the low-end of utilization when reporting time hits. Also, I knew back then when people were saying that I needed to keep a balance, (and pay interest) for better Ficos, I said "F(orget) That!" Yeah, there have been times that I reported a balance but I was always within grace period and PIF. PIF was not supposed to be good for high FICO. Well, maybe I could have gotten 700 club quicker, but my PIFing-monthly ways for the last couple of years seems to have finally paid off.

Keep attacking the negs on your credit report. There are always errors on them. Try to get some credit-challenged friendly cards like at Macys, and buy something from them at least once a month and pay it off. I had $100 back in 11/07 and it is now $2900! I would not advocate getting a high interest auto loan (even though one did help me get to this level of Fico-dom). Even if it takes you a bit longer, just concentrate on repair/rebuild. I would advocate getting a secured loan from a CU and then paying it off. That is a better strategy.

Thank you and good luck.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.