cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my credit score from my bank and wonder what it means in the scheme of things....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my credit score from my bank and wonder what it means in the scheme of things....

I recently got a credit line on my home and just received a letter informing me of my FICO score.

It says my FICO score is 891, but I wonder what that means in the scheme of things. What is the best score one can get? How much higher could I go?

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I got my credit score from my bank and wonder what it means in the scheme of things....

What is your secret?
Message 2 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: I got my credit score from my bank and wonder what it means in the scheme of things....

ideaman wrote:
I recently got a credit line on my home and just received a letter informing me of my FICO score.

It says my FICO score is 891, but I wonder what that means in the scheme of things. What is the best score one can get? How much higher could I go?

Thanks

As FICO scores only go up to 850, I assume that is a FAKO score  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree M.V. Obviously FAKO.

But a fantastic score anyway you look at it ideaman! Congrats!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, Seriously. The letter came from Bank of America.

The second page has Experian, Allen, TX on the top and says title "YOUR SCORE INFORMATION".
Your FICOcredit score on November 16, 2007 was 891. In general, FICO credit scores range between 300 to 850, with higher scores representing a better credit profile. Your score was computed entirely from the information the consumer reporting agency has on file, which comes from lenders and other providers of credit and from public record information.

So my question is....how high does the score really go?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're off the charts !!!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.myfico.com/Downloads/Files/myFICO_UYFS_Booklet.pdf

That url was copied from this website, from the downloadable book found in "Support" in the black menu bar, called "Understanding your FICO Score", page 7.

Scoring range from 300-850. If it is beyond that, it is not genuine FICO score.

Wouldn't it be fun to print that booklet out, and go to your banker and ask him how you can have a score that high when FICO scores only go up to 850? (oh, I'm so wicked, lol).
Message 7 of 10
positronicshell
New Contributor

when we refinanced our mortgage with BofA this summer DH + i both got FICO score letters like the one you are speaking of. i am pretty certain that the scores on our letters were FICO because we knew our scores at the time.

i have never heard of anyone with a score over the 850, except TU FAKO. but you said they pulled EXP?

perhaps it was a typo + was meant to read 791?

curious if you have pulled your MyFICO score?

regardless once you are over 760, it is just gravy after that.

xoxox jane

Message Edited by positronicshell on 12-04-2007 10:39 PM

Message Edited by positronicshell on 12-04-2007 10:39 PM
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ideaman wrote:
No, Seriously. The letter came from Bank of America.

The second page has Experian, Allen, TX on the top and says title "YOUR SCORE INFORMATION".
Your FICOcredit score on November 16, 2007 was 891. In general, FICO credit scores range between 300 to 850, with higher scores representing a better credit profile. Your score was computed entirely from the information the consumer reporting agency has on file, which comes from lenders and other providers of credit and from public record information.

So my question is....how high does the score really go?

My guess would be it's a Vantage score if it's from Experian.  They go as high as 990     Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Some industry option scores (like auto) go up to 900. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.