Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a nightmare about my FICO!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a nightmare about my FICO!

I was just approved for an AMEX rewards plus gold card, haven't received it yet, but last night I dreamed about what it did to my FICO.  It was like in real time and I was watching as changes were happening on my credit reports.  The AMEX card showed up, my score went down.  Then the AMEX card came up with 100% utilization, my score went down. In the dream I knew it was because there is no "limit" on the AMEX so even when there was nothing charged it was at 100%.  I was so upset in the dream!  I wanted to take it back!  I didn't know it was going to do that!!

Whew... what a relief to wake up and that it wasn't true... I hope.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: I had a nightmare about my FICO!

LOL you needed BofA to make it a real nightmare.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

A little bit anxious hm? Smiley Happy

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just make this one the card that you pay off before statements. I've had payments on the statement date be credited and result in a $0 balance (not that I would recommend this to anyone! Smiley Surprised ) And what's truly maddening is that with their delayed reporting, you have two months to kick yourself for letting one post.

I've had balances pop on a couple of times, and it hasn't affected my scores. I suppose that with everything else low or $0, one pseudo-maxed-out card doesn't hurt.

Meanwhile, watch what you eat before bedtime! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Meanwhile, watch what you eat before bedtime! Smiley Very Happy

Or watch on TV.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.