cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have POSSIBLY cracked the FICO code .. Maybe? Weigh in !

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have POSSIBLY cracked the FICO code .. Maybe? Weigh in !

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder if I settled or paid that would even matter .. Being 5-6 months away from bye bye

Might, heard from others it did recently if you look through here / Gen Cred.  I'd look into your State's SOL as to whether you still owe the debt and for how long if so.

20 inquiries /shrug, they sort of stop counting after like 10 on a report or thereabouts.  Anyway it's a long walk for most folks to get clean, some things can come off quickly and if someone is lucky that's the case; however, there's nothing I can really do without some really crazy manuevering to get my state tax lien off... and I've been working on my credit from pretty much when I registered on this forum coming up on a 4 year anniversary with still another 2 years to get clean.

        
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take your scores anyway over my 632, 610 and 600 EQ. LOL!!

Maybe I'll do a post about settling my co see what I get
Message 12 of 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Omg Also!!! I just looked -- Capital ones CO reports as closed with $0 whereas FP co Reports as open with $420 balance due and reports EVERY month as a Co!!!!! This has to be the culprit !!!!

A paid CO or unpaid CO makes no difference in scoring. An unpaid CO does however give you leverage to negotiate a PFD (Pay for Delete). You need to go to the "Rebuilding Your Credit" forum and learn how to do a pay for delete. I personally wouldn't pay the CO unless they agreed to delete it up front.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.