Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a dream

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have a dream

With apologies to MLK

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former 600 Credit Scores and the sons of former CRA employees will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of (pick one  Smiley Happy), a state sweltering with the heat of low Credit Scores, sweltering with the heat of usurious APRs, will be transformed into an oasis of high Credit Scores and cheap credit.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the Score on their CR but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream today.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a dream

True that!!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep dreaming - surely one day it will be, but the way things are going, it doesn't seem to be any time soon.
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

ROFL!!!!!   Creditors dont have dreams or hearts!!  I love your sentiment, but this is simply business and capitalism, which aint always pretty.  CC companies have legal precedent to rip us off at rates that, anywhere else in the credit world, would be illegal. I have a dream, also.  To pay off my credit cards, and void my life of the vultures who have carte blanche to enter into a credit agreement, then change the terms at will, and charge iinterest rates that would be userous and illegal for anyone other than a credit card company.  If I loaned money at the 20% plus rate that many CC companies are charging, and went into court to enforce it, I would be guilty of userous lending.  It is not a fair playing field.  But is is legal for them, and them alone.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehehe... Smiley Very Happy

I'm a dreamer!

Rob
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautifully stated. Dreams DO become real when we believe it enough. We have the power to making what ever we want become real...to include "that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the Score on their CR but by the content of their character."

We have, within ourselves, what it takes to accomplish so many things in life no matter where we stand right now.

You just have to BELIEVE in your self, and it will come true.

My dream is to raise my children, and as many as I can around me, to be financially literate as early in their lifes as possible. My son (7) and daughter (5) already know the difference between working for money and investing the money. I accomplished this by having them buy a candy machine with their own money and placing it at a friends store and a month later they got their money back and more.

My eyes have been opened in the past year and I have been successfully working in improving my credit scores and my financial life style. I have to say that I am very proud of my kids (and myself Smiley Happy )

Keep dreaming, but always remember that in order for your dreams to become true, we need to act on them.

Much luck to you,
Marie Rodriguez
http://www.soldierscommoncent.com
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.