adhnaz

I have just recently paid off almost all my credit card d...

I have just recently paid off almost all my credit card debt, but I have a tax lien from the State of California that I paid off within days of it being filed.  That was almost 2 years ago.  How does this prior tax lien affect my score and is there anything I can do about it?  Thanks in advance for your help!
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: I have just recently paid off almost all my credit card d...

adhnaz wrote:
I have just recently paid off almost all my credit card debt, but I have a tax lien from the State of California that I paid off within days of it being filed.  That was almost 2 years ago.  How does this prior tax lien affect my score and is there anything I can do about it?  Thanks in advance for your help!

If it qwas paid off before being filed that would have been your defense in court.  If it is on your report I would try disputing with the CB with proof of pymnt that it was paid off befre it was ever filed

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}