Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no fico score - what can I do to create one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have no fico score - what can I do to create one

I am very green to the whole credit thing, and even more so to the fico scores.  I will admit I made a ton of financial blunders about 15 years ago, and carried no thoughts of that blunder following me today.

I just tried to pull up both of my scores, and credit reports  and I'm being told there isn't one???  How can this be when I know I have accounts reporting to my credit, as well as a haunting past??

Thank you for any suggestions.

B.C.

Message 11 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am very green to the whole credit thing, and even more so to the fico scores.  I will admit I made a ton of financial blunders about 15 years ago, and carried no thoughts of that blunder following me today.

I just tried to pull up both of my scores, and credit reports  and I'm being told there isn't one???  How can this be when I know I have accounts reporting to my credit, as well as a haunting past??

Thank you for any suggestions.

B.C.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

in order for a FICO® score to be calculated, a credit report must contain these minimum requirements:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

Could any of these possibly apply to you?

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea what is on my credit, which is why I purchased the Suze Orman FICO Kit.  I tried to take a different approach to fixing my credit after a USDA loan application revealed a lot of mystery to me.  I'm also dealing with identity theft which I believe is responsible for some of the accounts explained to me by the USDA loan office.

If there is one thing I have learned, it's to teach my girls the importance of  strong financial health!!

Message 13 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

You can pull a free credit report once a year from each of the three CRA's at annualcreditreport.com. I would pull all three just to see what is being reported. You can't fix any inaccuracies if you're unaware of them.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.