cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just don't get this FICO system at all...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't get this FICO system at all...

Hi all,
I sometimes browse the board and find lots of info. helpful.  I too am aspiring to the 700 club.  Don't have far to go, my eq is up to 668, highest ever for me.  My question is:  I have 2 Macy's revolving accts.  1 had a credit limit of $300 and the other a limit of $800.  Within the last 3 mths from advice on these boards, I've gotten Macy's to raise both limits up to $1000.  I typically pay the balance in full each month on both.  I got a myfico alert saying that my score had dropped 5 pts because I had a balance increase from $0 to $71.  That's nowhere near 50% of my credit limit of $1k or even when it was only $300.  So why'd my score drop?  The alert mentioned that Macy's card in particular.  In 1.5 wks I got another alert saying that it had increased 1 pt!  I was like, why myfico punishing me??
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I just don't get this FICO system at all...

Don't worry.. you will those points back.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 08-12-2007 04:37 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just don't get this FICO system at all...

It's just upsetting to me that I'd be dinged 5 pts.  I'm suppose to have credit card usage, right?  They're hurting me for the very thing they want me to do use the card. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.