Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I knew Equifax just hated me

tag
rhall2009
Contributor

I knew Equifax just hated me

So i ordered my reports with a sad feeling because equifax has my morgage score at a 559. I just knew my others were about the same because the reports are just about identicle. Plus my luck isnt all that great. well i be darned if my experian and transunion arent but a couple points off. Well i'll be darned. My equifax 04 score is like 40 points lower than my equifax 08. I think equifax likes who it wants and hate everybody else lol. Oh well thank you transunion and experian for mid 620 mortgage scores. By december i should be mortgage ready just have to keep it together until then Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: I knew Equifax just hated me

I'm sure you are kidding. Depending on the negs. I think if you get just 1 removed your score will go up. Just reminder score alone will not make you mortgage ready.  Mostly likely. Any unpaid baddies will also have to be satisfied.  AnywAy. Good luck. 

Message 2 of 5
rhall2009
Contributor

I'm not so sure that equifax does like me lol. I have about 3 collection items that have been paid in full a couple years back and some lates from over a year ago. So I should have no late pays for over 2 years by the time I apply for a mortgage. I just don't understand why equifax has me at so low a score compared to the other 2 CRA's. From here on out I just have to make sure I remember to pay my bills at least a week ahead for processing purposes and hope to keep maximizing my score. Hopefully I can get my mid score above a 640 even though I'm going fha I want to exceed the minimum scores required.
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Scores differ across the CRAs even when they look to have the same info due to the fact of the way the info is stored in their databases and presented to Fico. There is no unified way the info is stored between the CRAs.

Message 4 of 5
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

@rhall2009 wrote:

So i ordered my reports with a sad feeling because equifax has my morgage score at a 559. I just knew my others were about the same because the reports are just about identicle. Plus my luck isnt all that great. well i be darned if my experian and transunion arent but a couple points off. Well i'll be darned. My equifax 04 score is like 40 points lower than my equifax 08. I think equifax likes who it wants and hate everybody else lol. Oh well thank you transunion and experian for mid 620 mortgage scores. By december i should be mortgage ready just have to keep it together until then Smiley LOL

OP I feel your pain!!! EQ is, by far, the hardest CB for me to work with in getting errors corrected. It's like pulling teeth. Good luck to you Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.