cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know removing negative duplicates on reports is good - but what if you have Positive ones?

tag
jascc1

I know removing negative duplicates on reports is good - but what if you have Positive ones?

I know removing negative duplictes on reports is good - but what  if you have Positive duplicates reporting (with long account length) - still dispute and remove?

I'm basically wondering in this case, is it a 'good' thing NOT to dispute a duplicate entry.  Is it actually HELPING my score in this case?

Thanks,

Sean

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I know removing negative duplicates on reports is good - but what if you have Positive ones?

@jascc1 wrote:

I know removing negative duplictes on reports is good - but what  if you have Positive duplicates reporting (with long account length) - still dispute and remove?

I'm basically wondering in this case, is it a 'good' thing NOT to dispute a duplicate entry.  Is it actually HELPING my score in this case?

Thanks,

Sean

Welcome to the forums!

Don't touch it!!! Even if reporting incorrectly, or in duplicate in your case, the length of history is continuing to help your FICO via the length of history and/or overall length of a revolving or installment (if the oldest) and it could also be helping your Average Age of Accounts (the avg. age of all of your OC TLs) which is a significant component of FICO scoring. In short, if these two are among your oldest accounts, you could take a score hit if even one is removed. If reporting in duplicate, you could also run the risk of the creditor or the CRA removing both, so double the pain.

Message 2 of 4
jascc1

Re: I know removing negative duplicates on reports is good - but what if you have Positive ones?

Ok - Thank you.  Makes sense.

I appreciate your insight.

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you don't want them, I'll be glad to take them off your hands. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.