cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm 22 years old and my credit history is 44 years.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm 22 years old and my credit history is 44 years.

How have you had success with this? My BF and his Dad have the same name, with exception of their middle initial and he's taking a serious beating on utilization because of some cards they have reporting that are nearly maxed out. They have a few lates as well. 

I have printed his reports, send in a copy of his DL and then highlighted the dates showing that given his date of birth, these accounts (including a mortgage!) would have been opened when he was ELEVEN!  They are not AU, they are listed as individual accounts, so it's NOT possible that they are his. Most are only showing up on TU now, and they are impossible to deal with. Have not even responded to the last 2 letters. Nothing at all....no response. Disputed online the last time and it's been almost a month and have not heard back about those yet either.

I don't get it, it's so blatently obvious that an 11 year old could not have opened up accounts. It's really not rocket science, I don't know what their problem is.

treski wrote:
My DH has the same name as his dad and unfortunately, his dad has just awful credit.  Every year or so, DH gets a serious ding on his report that doesn't belong to him.  We have to stay on top of it.

Ugh.

Do you have the same name as your dad?

Message 11 of 16
treski
Frequent Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
How have you had success with this? My BF and his Dad have the same name, with exception of their middle initial and he's taking a serious beating on utilization because of some cards they have reporting that are nearly maxed out. They have a few lates as well. 

I have printed his reports, send in a copy of his DL and then highlighted the dates showing that given his date of birth, these accounts (including a mortgage!) would have been opened when he was ELEVEN!  They are not AU, they are listed as individual accounts, so it's NOT possible that they are his. Most are only showing up on TU now, and they are impossible to deal with. Have not even responded to the last 2 letters. Nothing at all....no response. Disputed online the last time and it's been almost a month and have not heard back about those yet either.

I don't get it, it's so blatently obvious that an 11 year old could not have opened up accounts. It's really not rocket science, I don't know what their problem is.

treski wrote:
My DH has the same name as his dad and unfortunately, his dad has just awful credit.  Every year or so, DH gets a serious ding on his report that doesn't belong to him.  We have to stay on top of it.

Ugh.

Do you have the same name as your dad?

It takes forever, every time.  I'll have to ask him about the entire process, and I'll let you know what he does to expedite things on his end.

What a mess.

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I appreciate you asking him because if there is something I can do differently to get this fixed, I will do it.

treski wrote:

It takes forever, every time.  I'll have to ask him about the entire process, and I'll let you know what he does to expedite things on his end.

What a mess.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Scores are pretty high for more than 1x 30 day late. I'd say keep the closed card on CR for now."

Really? I had no idea only two 30 days late could be so detrimental to your credit score! I wonder what my score would be if I didn't have those! The account was opened in March of 07. On average, about how much does a single 30 days late take off your score? Is it possible to negotiate them with Ford credit, and perhaps have them wiped off?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the fico score simulator to see what would happen if I had just one late payment report and I would lose OVER 100 points!! From one account reporting late. YIKES!

james121515 wrote:
"Scores are pretty high for more than 1x 30 day late. I'd say keep the closed card on CR for now."

Really? I had no idea only two 30 days late could be so detrimental to your credit score!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Really? I had no idea only two 30 days late could be so detrimental to your credit score! I wonder what my score would be if I didn't have those! The account was opened in March of 07. On average, about how much does a single 30 days late take off your score? Is it possible to negotiate them with Ford credit, and perhaps have them wiped off?

This is where scoring formulas get super tricky. Either way having no lates is better regardless of scoring in my opinion.

"Is it possible to negotiate" YES. We call it GW for Good Will request to "change" the lates to never late. Some lenders will do that.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-10-2008 08:40 PM
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.