Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm So Confused

tag
Secretary14
Valued Member

I'm So Confused

Okay here goes.  I am brand new to the forum but have been keeping track of my credit on myFico for some time.  I have checked all three CB scores and the others listed today and have a rather vast array of scores.

myFico Exp:   759

myFico Eq:     699

myFico TU:     666

Disc It:            750

CreditKarma:  671

I have done a great deal of research on previous posts here and I still have no clue which one to go by.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I'm So Confused

@Secretary14 wrote:

Okay here goes.  I am brand new to the forum but have been keeping track of my credit on myFico for some time.  I have checked all three CB scores and the others listed today and have a rather vast array of scores.

myFico Exp:   759 True Fico score 

myFico Eq:     699 True Fico score 

myFico TU:     666 True Fico score TU 98 model

Disc It:            750 True Fico score  TU 08 model

CreditKarma:  671 Fako= fake score just use them to monitor TU report.....You can use CS to monitor EX report  

I have done a great deal of research on previous posts here and I still have no clue which one to go by.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

The various scores use different formulas, so they won't match.

Also, your reports may have different data, or the scores are calculated on different days, and may not match for that reason either.

I'd choose a fairly recent version of FICO, like the TU 08 one offered by Discover, and follow that.

Message 3 of 5
Secretary14
Valued Member

I appreciate the explanations.  Through my searching on the board, I figured that was what was going on with the TU one (98' vs '08).  I just found it incredible that these numbers would have an almost 100 pt difference.  Thank you also for the tip on CS.  I had seen that mentioned before and forgotton about it.  I'll have to check it out.

Message 4 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

It's possible that you have different information on each report, which would cause a mismatch even with identical formulas.

In my case, I have a paid-off installment loan reporting on TU but not the others, and this causes a difference in scores (lower AAoA for one thing).

Beyond that, it's worth keeping in mind that FICO scores are commercial products aimed at particular markets at a particular time.  For example, if you buy a lot of cars, then it might be worth tracking the "auto enhanced" FICO.

Another point is that scoring models change over time based on shifting consumer behavior and laws and so on.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.