Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm lost my score on myfico does not match

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm lost my score on myfico does not match

Help! I joined my fico because everyone said it was most accurate, however my fico says my auto loan score is 708, when I received the denial letter from the bank they said it was 597... what's going on? I have nothing negative on my credit.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm lost my score on myfico does not match

Your bank used their own scoring system or a different version of Fico.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Help! I joined my fico because everyone said it was most accurate

All scores are accurate but only for their own scoring model.  As stated above, if the scores differ that much they're probably different scoring models.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.

Another possibility is that the scores were based on data from different CRA's.

Your OP only mentions two scores but doesn't mention the models or the CRA's.  Make sure you're always considering both when looking at or comparing scores.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CR is TU
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The CR is TU

The CRA from which the report is pulled isn't relevant. It's the scoring model that's used that matters. A score based on TU data can vary widely depending on the model. Fico is the one most used by creditors, but even within Fico there are numerous variations.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.