Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new and have a question about deliquencies falling off

tag
nish129
Valued Member

I'm new and have a question about deliquencies falling off

I just purchased the quarterly monitoring. I wanted to know is there a place where I can see when my charge -offs fall off? All my bad debt(closed accounts) has been paid since 2005 but they are still on my credit report. Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm new and have a question about deliquencies falling off

7 years
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On TU and EX reports directly from the CRA or annnualcreditreport.com list removal dates.

7 years from DOFD
Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Collections are required by law under the FCRA to no longer be reported after 7 years from the date placed into collection.  However, there is no regulation of how much the affect of the collection will affect your score during that 7 year period.  That depends on the FICO algorithm, based on their predictive data over time  No one knows.  The law does not even say that it must count at any level during the seven year period, only that it cannot report after 7 years.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-01-2008 12:15 AM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strictly speaking, 7 years and 180 days.

In practice, usually 7 years.

Message 5 of 7
nish129
Valued Member

Ok where on my credit report is the DOFD date, I don't see it. I have however seen a date that an item would be removed on my credit reports that I received thru the freeannualreport website. but not this one. where is that information?
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

nish129 wrote:
Ok where on my credit report is the DOFD date, I don't see it. I have however seen a date that an item would be removed on my credit reports that I received thru the freeannualreport website. but not this one. where is that information?

The only way to see the "estimated drop off" date is through your org. reports from EX and TU or by calling the 3 CRAs. IMO, I distrust the dates from MyFICO, TC and others. Highly innacurate for me. I understand why people get upset when they see the dates and automatically assume the account has been re-aged.

To calculate DOFD, take the drop off date and subtract 7 yrs. MyFICO and others should adopts what TU and EX does on their reports (per the drop off).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.