cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help figuring my AAoA please !UPDATED!

tag
teo77777
Regular Contributor

I need help figuring my AAoA please !UPDATED!

Just pulled my TU report and for AAoA I get this...

Your oldest account was opened
9 Years, 1 Month ago

Average age of your accounts
1 year............HUH?

my accounts are as follows...

CC 4/2014
CC 2/2015
CC 10/2014
CC 4/2014
CC 11/2013
LOAN 11/2013
AUTO 12/2014
AUTO 3/2006
A/U CC ACCT 5/2005

The way I figure it, its well over 2 years......I do not think the AU account is being factored in as I was led to believe it should be, or my math is just plain wrong. Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong here? Please.

UPDATE! 4/6/2015

Called the MYFICO team on Friday and was told AU accounts DO NOT average into util (which I knew), nor do they count in your AAoA,  (which I did not know ) in FICO 8. When I said just factoring MY accounts alone, it's still almost 2 years. He put me on hold and came back after a few minutes and admitted it wasn't coming out right. Said he'd put me on hold again while his supervisor crunched the numbers. Came back and told me the supervisor said it wasn't right, and a tech team needed to work the problem, and I would hear back from them via email no later than 4/7. They have been playing with it over the weekend, because I got alerts several times that made no sense. like it telling me score decreased by 1 pt, when in reality it went up by 2, 20 minutes later, same thing and so on. Hope trying to get it correct does'nt backfire. Should get an email tomorrow.

TO
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need help figuring my AAoA please !

Plug them in here and see what it comes up with:

http://aaoacalculator.tumblr.com/

Note: I'm pretty sure the Fico reports round up or down, so if it comes up with less than 1 year 6 months, it would show 1 year in your report.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, I haven't seen this before. Thanks. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Note: I'm pretty sure the Fico reports round up or down, so if it comes up with less than 1 year 6 months, it would show 1 year in your report.

Message 3 of 8
teo77777
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks CAPTOOL !  As I figured....Comes out to 2.76 yrs......Now, the acct opened in 2006 was closed in 2010. shouldn't make a difference, but if I exclude it, I come up with 1.97, If I exclude just the AU account, I get 1.87 yrs. , If I use JUST MY OPEN accounts, excluding both AU and the CLOSED account, I get .83 , or rounded up, 1yr. So MYFICO is absolutely excluding my AU and closed accounts. Thought that A/U accounts for immediate family members (my Dad's acct, same last name), AND closed accounts were counted in scoring.AAoA. Not seeing that here.

TO
Message 4 of 8
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Shameless update bump.

TO
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thread Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This had me curious about my own so I had a good look at it and used the calculator mentioned.  According to my reports, the utilization and cl DOES factor in from AU accounts on mine but the AAoA does NOT.  I didn't know that either.

I was holding off from applying for an NFCU account because we recently added me as an AU on the DH's cap 1 venture card ($10k limit).  I thought that was bringing down my AAoA.  I removed the AU accounts and my AAoA matches.  I can add one more account and still be above the 2 yr AAoA mark.  I can come out of the garden, temporily!  *happy snoopy dance* lol

Message 7 of 8
teo77777
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This had me curious about my own so I had a good look at it and used the calculator mentioned.  According to my reports, the utilization and cl DOES factor in from AU accounts on mine but the AAoA does NOT.  I didn't know that either.

I was holding off from applying for an NFCU account because we recently added me as an AU on the DH's cap 1 venture card ($10k limit).  I thought that was bringing down my AAoA.  I removed the AU accounts and my AAoA matches.  I can add one more account and still be above the 2 yr AAoA mark.  I can come out of the garden, temporily!  *happy snoopy dance* lol

The only reason I added the AU account WAS for the AAoA benefit. The 2 baddies left on reports (EX and EQ) are set to drop off late this year. While these accounts are adverse, they also account for 20 years of age combined, so I figured leave them alone, and the 15 year AU account would serve as a buffer when the baddies fall. I see now that's not gonna happen with Fico 8, but tons of lenders use scoring models other than 8, so I'll leave it be. When I told them (MYFICO) had made a page stating the changes made in FICO8 would continue to score AU correctly for family members, just not strangers accounts, he didn't believe me, and asked the specific url of said page. I steered the rep to

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/fico-score-8.aspx

He put me on hold to read it and told me the only benefit is the positive payment history. I'm not sure how a payment history can be factored without using the age of the account, but even so they need to reword that page to spell out EXACTLY what an AU will be getting.

TO
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.