Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with my FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help with my FICO score

Last month my FICO score was 710 with EXP and 705 with TU. I got approved for American Express last month for 2,000. This month credit one bank closed my account and reported me as 140 over the credit limit and 5 dollars 30 days past due. I ran my FICO and its at 510. Does anyone know? Are they not calculating the one year history I had with credit one bank or since it's closed by the bank they don't calculate that,
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: I need help with my FICO score

@Anonymous wrote:
Are they not calculating the one year history I had with credit one bank or since it's closed by the bank they don't calculate that,

I don't really follow what you are asking. Are you asking if FICO is calculating your credit history with Credit One into your FICO score? Well, if it's on your credit report then, yes, your credit history with Credit One is being factored into your score. The fact that the account may be closed does not stop the history you have with that creditor from remaining on your credit history, for 7 years, and thus being factored into your score.

Were you over your credit limit? Were you 30 days past due on your minimum payment due? If so then it will affect you score, greatly. Please clarify exactly what you are asking or need assistance with.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit limit is 300 dollars and there reported my balance as 430. I paid them off this month I don't know why there saying I owe them money. And I guess I was 30 days past due for 5 dollars. What I'm asking is why did my score drop 200 points?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My credit limit is 300 dollars and there reported my balance as 430. I paid them off this month I don't know why there saying I owe them money. And I guess I was 30 days past due for 5 dollars. What I'm asking is why did my score drop 200 points?

That is a huge drop and may be due to other things also.  But if this -My credit limit is 300 dollars and there reported my balance as 430 is reporting, that is a massive impact.  What other cards do you have?  What are their limits?  What do you owe on them?

it will be hard for us to know what cause the 200 point drop without knowing the details of your entire report.  So for us to figure it out, tell us what is in your entire report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.