Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to ask the experts-New Scores are In

tag
frugal
New Contributor

Re: I need to ask the experts-New Scores are In

RobertEG, I didn't know that a higher CL will bring down scores, so thank you for that info.

Wait, what? I don't think my coffee has kicked in yet, because I didn't see that.

High CL's will NOT lower your scores. They may raise them if you have balances, because your total util will drop, but they won't lower them.

Haulingthescoreup,

Thanks for bring that up.  I was incorrect with RobertEG quote. He stated "As for FICO, as opposed to financial, effects, new accounts, if you apply, will cost you a hard inq  So will many CLIs".

I didn't know about the underline part "So will many CLI". I read it incorrectly.

Message Edited by frugal on 05-13-2008 07:01 AM
Message 31 of 38
frugal
New Contributor

Re: I need to ask the experts-New Scores are In- ONE YEAR ANNIVESARY

Well, ONE YEAR has passed since I started the journey.  It was one year ago (6/07) that I made a commitment to improve my score and most importantly...my life. Well, I did it -but I didnt'.  I just check my scores today. Here are the results: TU- 662, EQ-641, EX-678. My goal was to get over 660 in 1 year, so I hit my goal with my FAKO scores but was shy on the EQ side.  But hey, from 471 (date- 6/07) to 662 and 678 (6/08-FAKO scores)....IMHO- ain't too shabby. Smiley Very Happy

I  will not be truly satisfied until I get into the 700's and I'm pretty close.  So, the goal is set.  I will keep you posted when it hits 700.   A lot things will be coming off and I will let you all know.  It feels good that I finally have a grip on my finances and a self gratification of holding out on things, and agressively going after it.  I feel very confident in the next relationship, whomever she may be.  It makes me feel good that I won't feel guilt of having a score of 471 compared to a 678

Believe it or not...my physical appearance changed because of my outlook in life.  I was a 40" waist a year ago, now I am a 34".

Thank you all...especially Haulingupthescore.  All of you on this wonderful forum, and myfico, played a big part of making my score increase. Without the GW letters, and other advice- I don't believe it wouldn't have happen as quickly. I'm glad to be called a DEADBEAT. Smiley Tongue  It's remarkable that there is a forum (a group of strangers) that geniunely wants to HELP you succeed unconditionally...Totally ROCKS!

Once again- Thanks,

Message Edited by frugal on 06-12-2008 09:49 AM

Message Edited by frugal on 06-12-2008 09:49 AM

Message Edited by frugal on 06-13-2008 12:33 PM
Message 32 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I need to ask the experts-New Scores are In- ONE YEAR ANNIVESARY

Wow, frugal, great sustained work, congratulations! We're all learning from each other and passing it on. I'm glad if I could be part of the help.

Way to go! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 38
frugal
New Contributor

New Scores are In- ONE YEAR ANNIVESARY

Thanks haulingthescoreup. I want to be where you are...You are my motivation and many others on this forumSmiley Happy
Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Scores are In- ONE YEAR ANNIVESARY

WTG!

Wow, 6" off your waist?  I'll trade you a few inches for a few FICO points ... Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 38
frugal
New Contributor

masdeocho wrote:
WTG!

Wow, 6" off your waist?  I'll trade you a few inches for a few FICO points ... Smiley Happy

Now...that was funnySmiley Very Happy  Hey remember, I'm only 2 points over 660 on the TU scores, which isn't much, so I don't know if I can spare 2 points. lol. 
 Hey Masdeocho, do I qualify for a Ficotini?
Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

frugal wrote:

masdeocho wrote:
WTG!

Now...that was funnySmiley Very Happy  Hey remember, I'm only 2 points over 660 on the TU scores, which isn't much, so I don't know if I can spare 2 points. lol. 
 Hey Masdeocho, do I qualify for a Ficotini?

Definitely.  Smiley Happy Do you want it frozen, on the rocks, or in a shot glass?
Message 37 of 38
frugal
New Contributor

Hello,

The last time I posted was about 7 years ago.  I started out with a 471 and up to a 702 by 2011.  I wanted to give some an update to this wonderful forum...hello haulingupthescore, Tuscani...you  all were awesome back in the day and I see you are still around...very encouraging.Smiley Happy

Well, in 2011 I got hit hard in with my job... I got laid off and I had savings but I had to find a place to live/  Being over 40 and white color was very VERY hard in the  job market in 2011. I moved and there was  no work in the healthcare industry with the pay I was making.  Most of my bills were paid but there were some that I did't think about "pay off these CC if something happens to my job" CC to pay off.  During 2011- and up May 2014... I had side jobs, PT work at grocery store...but my parents reared me up not to be scared of work and do what  you have to do.  No cable, no hobbies, car repossession, first time judgements and more collections for which I was not use too,...just struggling like many that went thru the recession starting from 2008. With that said, my CS dropped from 702 to 544. Smiley Embarassed But, Hey, I build it once, I can do it again.

Well, I'm now employed with a sound company (not too much real estate in job security though...I got burn once. lol)  and have a side business and making some good money , so I paying off my debt.  It feels good to be working a job(s) again.  I'm determine to get it back up. I will be posting a lot of questions and will be keeping you all posted and reaching out too some of you.  I just learned something new tonight regarding paying things over 2 years old. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.