Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I no longer trust MYFICO reports and scores

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: I no longer trust MYFICO reports and scores

@azguy13 wrote:

You can have an 850 and it will still say something is hurting your score. It is not an incorrect report, simply an auto-generated "reason" as to why your score is not higher. 

With all due respect,  I don't agree with your statement.  When something is wrong on a persons report, even if it is a computer generated remark,  and it costs a person a lot of points,  it is still wrong.  We buy products because we expect them to be correct in all details, at least I do. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 21 of 32
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I think pizzadude figured it out on page 1.  You are getting penalized because your total utilization is well below 1%.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 22 of 32
Involver
Valued Contributor

I hope my FNBO experience (also an alternate bureau puller) is more straightforward.
Message 23 of 32
Involver
Valued Contributor

I doubt its util. I had 10 dollars report on my last score power pull and it counted as usage.
Message 24 of 32
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

You can have an 850 and it will still say something is hurting your score. It is not an incorrect report, simply an auto-generated "reason" as to why your score is not higher. 

With all due respect,  I don't agree with your statement.  When something is wrong on a persons report, even if it is a computer generated remark,  and it costs a person a lot of points,  it is still wrong.  We buy products because we expect them to be correct in all details, at least I do. 

The remark is not factored into your score and therefore has no effect on your credit report/score

Message 25 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

I think pizzadude figured it out on page 1.  You are getting penalized because your total utilization is well below 1%.

Don't know, the overwhelming anecdotal evidence suggests that any non-zero number is non-zero = 1% for calculation purposes.

That said, we've always reports of 1% not being as good as potentially 5-6% or whatever for an individual's report, everyone has a sweet spot in that 1-9% range and it may vary over time.

The OP still has a wonky message, but that's coming directly from the bureau's data: FWIW, if it's from the reference source, it is by definition correct... and the reasons are just statements as to why one's score isn't better (entirely possible another tradeline got excluded from calculation or something to that effect on the presumed 6 month rule) or some other change happend on the report: without a detailed analysis between before and after reports it's hard to suggest what the rationale was.

        
Message 26 of 32
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

I am inclined to go with this reasoning too after thinking about it.  A $317 reporting out of $49,500 in credit lines is probably what did it.  This is another part of the scoring system that is not right IMO. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 27 of 32
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

Don't know, the overwhelming anecdotal evidence suggests that any non-zero number is non-zero = 1% for calculation purposes.

That said, we've always reports of 1% not being as good as potentially 5-6% or whatever for an individual's report, everyone has a sweet spot in that 1-9% range and it may vary over time.

The OP still has a wonky message, but that's coming directly from the bureau's data: FWIW, if it's from the reference source, it is by definition correct... and the reasons are just statements as to why one's score isn't better (entirely possible another tradeline got excluded from calculation or something to that effect on the presumed 6 month rule) or some other change happend on the report: without a detailed analysis between before and after reports it's hard to suggest what the rationale was.

Could any disputed accounts not being calculated into the overall score be an explanation for the "erronious" statement? 

Message 28 of 32
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Well, it was a spirited and excellent debate and my hat is off to all who expressed their thoughts.  I am not going to get crazy anymore about  reports and scores as long as my reports are clean,   that is all I care about in the end.  Thanks again to all who responded. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 29 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

Could any disputed accounts not being calculated into the overall score be an explanation for the "erronious" statement? 

Disputed accounts do all sorts of things strange to a score as often they exclude the tradeline in it's entirety; usually people don't dispute positive tradelines (balance not updated or not reporting a paid loan as $0 are the only common two AFAIK) and as such they usually inflate the score.  If I had to guess, any tradeline in a disputed state would be discounted on the provided reasons as well, so if one disputed a lengthy tradeline it could look like a "short" history if the consumer only had 2 recently opened accounts otherwise as an example.

Don't think this is what occurred here, my question after reviewing the thread and what not is what the reported utilization was on the last pull, and if there's a non-trivial change to fix that for next month and see if the score improves.  When one gets into the high scoring brackets even incredibly minor things can whack your score fairly hard, and this is one such silly instance.  Alternatively if he hit a non-trivial anniversary or similar event which might cause a rebucketing that might do it, but from the tradeline list it sounds like the OP has a pretty static report.

I agree that having $0 across the board shouldn't be a problem, but I think it's a historical artifact in the model when payments weren't reported... as payments being reported is a recent change from the last 2ish years.  If payments aren't $0 then it's pretty safe to assume the tradeline isn't inactive; however, I don't know if all lenders are reporting yet... most likely it's a change in the software interface from Experian / Equifax / Transunion and code doesn't get updated as often as it should in such cases (if it's working don't touch it mentality).  It's one of those idiosyncracies that everyone on this forum should be aware of, so just play the silly reindeer FICO games when one needs to put lipstick on the pig for an application, and go on with life.

        
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.