cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I now understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: I now understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

haulingthescoreup wrote:
What's really annoying is that the various bureaus name it all sorts of things, but so far, it has been treated for scoring purposes as installment/ mortgage. I nearly went cross-eyed trying to untangle who was calling it revolving, who called it unknown type, and on and on (plus TU including it in my revolving balance on screen 4), but the lower balance never changed my scores.

I found that you can't go by what they name it --you just have to see its effect on your scores, as did MV.

I looked at my AMEX creditsecure report - they have a line that is the balance of revolving credit.  This is what tipped me off - the level on EX was 16 times the level on EQ or TU
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I now understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

On credit secure it has my HELOC showing in the revolving balance on all 3. 

On FICO - only EX shows it a LOC but is not calculated in scoring-

MidnightVoice wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
What's really annoying is that the various bureaus name it all sorts of things, but so far, it has been treated for scoring purposes as installment/ mortgage. I nearly went cross-eyed trying to untangle who was calling it revolving, who called it unknown type, and on and on (plus TU including it in my revolving balance on screen 4), but the lower balance never changed my scores.

I found that you can't go by what they name it --you just have to see its effect on your scores, as did MV.

I looked at my AMEX creditsecure report - they have a line that is the balance of revolving credit.  This is what tipped me off - the level on EX was 16 times the level on EQ or TU

Message 52 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, I couldn't stand it any more, and I pulled EX --no change, other than a one-point drop, because suddenly Discover has reported twice to all the bureaus, the second time with a balance, grr.

But the 27% on the HELOC didn't seem to do a thing to my score.

MV, you might want to turn that Voice lose again on the ladies at the CU, and get your CL raised. In my case, $50K has it reporting as installment, with no effect on revolving util and scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep- I said the same-

I got my APR reduced on my HELOC today-
I was sooooo cool to get a WOW from my credit union.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
OK, I couldn't stand it any more, and I pulled EX --no change, other than a one-point drop, because suddenly Discover has reported twice to all the bureaus, the second time with a balance, grr.

MV, you might want to turn that Voice lose again on the ladies at the CU, and get your CL raised. In my case, $50K has it reporting as installment, with no effect on revolving util and scores.

Message 54 of 56
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep- I said the same-

I got my APR reduced on my HELOC today-

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Mine went down too! Nice
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 55 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Timothy wrote:I got my APR reduced on my HELOC today-
Mine went down too! Nice

Yep, my rate went down, too. I don't even remember hearing that they dropped the prime again. (The 27% is the util on the HELOC, not the APR, yikes.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.