Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Re: I know understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

concorduser wrote:
Can you ask EX or the Bank to recode the HELOC?

Well, I guess the CU has it right, so I could write to EX.  I might try that in the new year!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Re: I know understannd why EX hates me thanks to Credit Secure - Heloc is revolving

I used the AA from my insurance to get a free EX report, and disputed the HELOC as "not revolving".

Will report back in 45 days  :smileyvery-happy:
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

FWIW, I had a HELOC on my old property and here is how they reported it according to MyFICO.

TU
Mortgage Account Acct. Type--Home Equity Loan Credit Type--Mortgage Acct
EQ
Credit Acct. Credit Type--Installment
EX
Line of Credit Acct. Type--Credit line secured revolving Credit Type--Revolving

The line limit was $30M, and EQ still reported it as installment, so maybe >$25M does the trick. This account has been closed for a few years, it can't be affecting my score now can it?

30 million heloc, wow!
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

dnm45227 wrote:
30 million heloc, wow!

Sorry, I am Commercial Lender. In my world M = thousand. MM would be million. Roman Numeral system. I have to get used to using K for thou in these threads.

ByrdMan wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:
30 million heloc, wow!

Sorry, I am Commercial Lender. In my world M = thousand. MM would be million. Roman Numeral system. I have to get used to using K for thou in these threads.

just giving you a hard time. lol
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

just giving you a hard time. lol

Thanks for waking me up. I was starting to fall asleep at the keyboard. I'm awake now.
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

ByrdMan wrote:
Thanks for waking me up. I was starting to fall asleep at the keyboard. I'm awake now.

Hey, any time I read a post that says that someone had a $30 million HELOC, it snaps my eyes wide open! :smileyvery-happy:

Actually, I'm glad that you posted that you're a commercial lender, and that your field uses Roman numerals instead of metric. Other people have used M for thousand in their posts, and I always wondered what the source of that was.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Scientists as well  :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
jaybee

I'm glad you figured that out Midnight. Now if I can only figure out why they hate me?
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}