cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid my CC's down to 10% UTL my score went up that month BUT waht about the next month?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I paid my CC's down to 10% UTL my score went up that month BUT waht about the next month?

@glamchick wrote:
I have paid my CC's down to 10% and noticed a big increase in score. Average 30-40 points on each CR. So what will happen next month if I keep the UTL to 10%? How much of an increase?

I disagree with some of the others. There might not be a memory for util in the scoring, but if you continue to keep it down, your scores should continue to rise, although not as dramatically. This is because everything has aged another month.

So technically, it's not due to the lowered util this time, but I think that you will see continued score improvement.

And as the others said (or tried to say! Smiley Very Happy ), if you want to wring out some more points, go ahead and PIF your lower-balance cards while keeping under 10% --not at 10%, but 9% or less --on just a few higher-CL cards. Depending upon your score bucket, you should probably get another goose from that. Again, you can use any and all cards that you want, as long as you pay them down/ off before they report to the CRA's, which is typically on your statement date.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I paid my CC's down to 10% UTL my score went up that month BUT waht about the next month?

Hauling is not out of step. It's everybody else! Smiley Very Happy

(I can't help it if my mind types faster than my fingers. lol)

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 03-05-2008 08:41 AM
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.