Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sent DV letters and only a few responded

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent DV letters and only a few responded

I sent DV letters and only a few responded, one is deleting records from CRA and others still claim I owed them when it is not true. 

My question is on 1. how to go about the ones that still claim that I owed them and 2. what is next for the ones that did not answer to the DV letters?

Thank you in advance.  I really appreciate any help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I sent DV letters and only a few responded

Welcome and congratulations on the deletion. Your scores should see a nice boost.

Do you have a copy of a receipt or cancelled check for the account that was already paid? You will want to find this and send copies to the company stating it was not paid. If you paid the OC then contact them and have them send you something.

Otherwise, you will have to sue if they do not rectify this.

Hope this helps.

Cecilia
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.  I do not have any records anymore and dont know what else i could do.

What should i do for the ones that did not answer?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

cargarci wrote:
I sent DV letters and only a few responded, one is deleting records from CRA and others still claim I owed them when it is not true.

Were your DV letters timely and what state do you reside in?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they were on time.

I reside in the state of Florida.

Thank you.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you get a chance, read through my DV ramble. It's a link in my sig.

The CA doesn't have to validate the debt, but if they don't they must "cease collections" and that includes any adverse credit bureau reporting. See the Cass letter.

How soon they must "cease" seems more than a bit undecided. When did the CA receive your DV letter per the RRR green card?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.