Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I am done for awhile

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am done for awhile

Thanks to all of the great posters with great information that I've learned how to manage my credit from.  I learned how inquiries, reported balances, new credit, and everything else will affect my score.  I've just today found that the one baddie I had is off all 3 reports now.  I also learned how getting new credit affects me.  I got an AMEX card a week ago and it cost me 5 points on EX for the inquiry.  I found today that having an increased balance on two cards cost me 6 points on EQ.

I'm getting a little weary of worrying about my credit and how every little thing I do will affect it.  I need to concentrate more on the debt aspect of it, if that makes any sense.  I want to decide on using a card based on how I will pay it off and when I will pay it off, not how my score will react.

One last thing I am looking at is refinancing my mortgage.  I don't NEED to refinance but I would like to get a lower rate, and lower payments, if it isn't going to cost me money to do it.  I was online at Wells Fargo last night and it said I had an offer to re-fi with no appraisal or application fees and no closing costs.  It showed the 30-year fixed at 4.75%.  I currently have 6.25% so if they will lower it... great.  I'm waiting for a call back.

Again, thanks for the education.

Pamela

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I am done for awhile

Pamela,

You have excellent scores and shouldn't worry about your scores as long as you do not take on a ton of new accounts and make all your payments on time. Many of us worry about these things hoping to get our scores to where yours are now. I think you are focusing on the right thing for you right now. Goodluck working on your debt!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.