cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought MyFico was supposed to monitor my score!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought MyFico was supposed to monitor my score!!!

I have the equifax Fico score monitoring with MyFico.  The last alert I got was on April 10th when my score went up to 626.  But, today I decided to look at my score power report (you get 2 free a year.)  Anyway, I pulled my score power report and it said my score was 609!!!!  I have my settings set so that I should get alerted every time my score changes!!  If it really changed, why wasn't I alerted?!  This is making me very angry.  I still don't have an alert so I have no idea what has changed.  All I know is that I've dipped back down into subprime territory.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I thought MyFico was supposed to monitor my score!!!

Hmmm... I assume you have the correct email address on file for the alerts?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, because I got an alert on the 10th.  Besides, I logged into the account today to see my score power and went to the purchases tab.  I should have seen the score at 609 when I first click on my "ScoreWatch" purchase.  Now I am thinking that if I didn't just happen to get a score power report I would never know!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read your post and realized I hadn't received a score watch alert for over a month. I used my free pull and my equifax score dropped from 660 to 645! No warning, no reason, nothing changed on my report...it just dropped! This is very frustrating! Why didn't I receive an alert? How does your score drop 15 points for no reason at all?

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting to see that I'm not the only one. I wonder if MyFico is having some problems with their system. I called customer service and the person I spoke to didn't know why I didn't receive an alert. She escalated the problem and I'm supposed to hear back from someone in the next 2 or 3 business days. But I want to know right now why I got dinged 17 points and why MyFICO didn't tell me about it!!!
Message 5 of 6
goblue

I don't think the scores are updated daily...I'm almost certain of this. If there's a change to the file the score may be run, but if you don't have any changes other than accounts aging over time, I don't believe your score will be updated more than once every few weeks. Keep in mind that in order to determine that there has been a change in your score, FICO has to actually pull your report and run it through the algorithm. Doing this for millions of accounts every day may not be practical. On the other hand, the process should be much more transparent. When you buy ScoreWatch it isn't really clear that the score won't be updated daily, in fact you are almost lead to believe that it will be updated daily.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.