cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought you guys said Fico 8 ignores utilization for AU accts?

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Re: I thought you guys said Fico 8 ignores utilization for AU accts?

@ScarlettClone wrote:

This is just a shot in the dark, but could the difference be a spouse that in an AU and uses the card vs one that is an AU for scoring, but doesn't use their card?

In my case, both of us use the cards equally. I don't see any where they could track that. She does have different individual card account numbers except on the BCE, where the numbers are the same which might be a way. On the reports, the accounts just show total bl on the statements..which includes the total for both cards on the account.

Someone with more experience might have something to add or more info. I have wondered and don't know, if they look at the main carrier of the account for AU's at all? or if they even care. If they did, they could easily see in my case, the same address and last name. If they see an AU and nothing matches between the main account and the AU...that could be a legit flag. That is why I am going to play with letting cards report she is on...to show they are being used. Her report says " No revolving usage detected".

Message 11 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

I'm AU on DW BofA card.

The card didn't report for 2 years on my credit file (since added as AU)

DW took BT on her low limit card.

A couple of months ago the card appeared on my reports with 65% UTIL and lower age than my AAoA.

My score drop after this AU card reported: TU 18, EX 20, EQ ?

I asked her to remove the AU from BofA and I will wait a couple of months, then will dispute the TL to remove the AU from my reports.

Message 12 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Come to think of it, there's something else. On ALL of the accounts I have DW as AU, I did so upon opening the line. From day 1. Perhaps that factors in?

Message 13 of 20
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Come to think of it, there's something else. On ALL of the accounts I have DW as AU, I did so upon opening the line. From day 1. Perhaps that factors in?

I have combinations of both..BoA and QS, I had by myself and added her later...on the CSP and BCS, I added her when I joined. I don't hink they are reporting differently, but I will watch for it...that was a good point.

Her scores have come up and I'm not sure why

EQ 625;  TU 640,  EX634

The only thing I can think of is my scores have also come up and I think it may be because the new accounts are aging...3 new accounts, 1- 2mo old car,  2-1 month old cards...after Nov 1 is when things jumped and I think it is because the accounts now show payments and doubled in age. If that is true, then she is getting bumps for aging.

Message 14 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I'm fascinated by this one as its something I took for granted. Of course her ribbing me for dragging her score down was comical. I'll report back in a few weeks when the utilization repost back to 0%

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

IDK. But I have a different last name and a different address than my Mother and I'm an AU on her Citi card. $10K limit, only a $9.00 balance, 16 year old card. It definitely shows up and it substantially improved improved my FICO 8 scores.

Message 16 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Pretty much supports my observation I'm thinking. So technically it's a good thing since I am the low utilization king in this house. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 20
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

DW and I have the same last name, same address and multiple joint accounts. We got been married before any account on our credit reports, and the name of the other is listed on our reports. You would be hard-pressed to find any two more tightly connected financially. And yet it appears than that me being an AU on some of her cards is not counted by FICO 08. I have zeroed all the revolving accounts on my credit reports, which naturally decreased my scores. Then I let one AU card report with a balance, and the scores did not jump back up. Since I’ve been away from myFICO for a year, I am wondering if FICO 08 has begun treating AUs differently.

Message 18 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

DW and I have the same last name, same address and multiple joint accounts. We got been married before any account on our credit reports, and the name of the other is listed on our reports. You would be hard-pressed to find any two more tightly connected financially. And yet it appears than that me being an AU on some of her cards is not counted by FICO 08. I have zeroed all the revolving accounts on my credit reports, which naturally decreased my scores. Then I let one AU card report with a balance, and the scores did not jump back up. Since I’ve been away from myFICO for a year, I am wondering if FICO 08 has begun treating AUs differently.

My wife got a card based on our joint income shortly after we were married 20 some years ago. It is used for almost all household expenses. The card IS NOT factoring into my open accounts showing balances or aggregate utilization.

Side note: I lost my card 12 years ago and it was never replaced. Therefore, no charges have shown up under my name in quite some time. I have speculated whether my inactivity as an AU plays into the card not counting for me on Fico 08.

P.S. The card and its activity does show on my 3B reports and it shows my status as AU. It is also in my CRA reports.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 19 of 20
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Interesting that there's no apparent rhyme or reason to it after all these years. I may let all my AUs report a balance this time around since I'm already up and running. Of course DW may not like it; when the first AU showed up with a balance of $7, it meant she had two of her cards reporting, dropping her from 850 to 846. I would have expected FICO 08 to enjoy two cards as much as one.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.