cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was tricked into opening a Care Credit Card. What happens if I pay it off and close it immediately

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was tricked into opening a Care Credit Card. What happens if I pay it off and close it immedia

already closed the account this morning. How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 31 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was tricked into opening a Care Credit Card. What happens if I pay it off and close it immedia

i do pay them back every month for about 2yrs now. I already closed the account this morning. How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 32 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do pay them back every month for about 2yrs now. I already closed the account this morning. How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 33 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

.I already closed the account this morning because I DID NOT want credit. As previously stated i was swindled.  How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 34 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES. Thank you! That is EXACTLY what happened smh. 

I already closed the account this morning. How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 35 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes they were

Message 36 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already closed the account this morning. How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 37 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I REFUSE to be swindled. I DID NOT WANT credit.   I already closed the account this morning. How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 38 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

already closed the account this morning. How bad will my score drop? On Credit Karma I was at about 675 trans and 695 equifax only with student loan payments. Now I will have 1 line of credit that was opened and closed in about 1 week. I am trying to get them to remove it from my report as i was mislead and lied too. Prior to this i had 0 utilization

Message 39 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma isn't a real FICO score.  It's a "FAKO" score meaning it's a fake score that doesn't apply to real world situations.

Even if you didn't want a credit card, having a credit card (actually, having 3 credit cards) is the way to get the highest credit score which can earn you savings on home owner's and car insurance and other things.  Closing the account won't hurt you but keeping it open and not using it would have helped you.

Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.