Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I will never understand Fico Scores lol

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I will never understand Fico Scores lol

Hi All

I have been keeping about a 14% util of my total available CL on one card - with just the one card reporting.

I had some unexpected bills come up so i brought out 2 of my other cards and increased my util to about 26% - I know that this is only a temporary thing and i'm not looking to get any more credit at the moment anyway - so no harm done

According to Citi, Chase and Discover, my ficos have GONE UP by 9-14 points since carrying this extra balance, weird

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I will never understand Fico Scores lol

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

I have been keeping about a 14% util of my total available CL on one card - with just the one card reporting.

I had some unexpected bills come up so i brought out 2 of my other cards and increased my util to about 26% - I know that this is only a temporary thing and i'm not looking to get any more credit at the moment anyway - so no harm done

According to Citi, Chase and Discover, my ficos have GONE UP by 9-14 points since carrying this extra balance, weird

I'm right there with you! Any time my cards show a higher utilization my scores go up. The Things that make you go hmmmm and scratch your chin Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

Between 10-29%, your scores aren't affected. Your scores went up because of positive history building over time.

Message 3 of 4
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

My guess is that the op hadnt used those cards in so long that the scoring models might have stopped counting them. showing useage put them back in the scoring mix.

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.