cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder about inq's hitting the year mark.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder about inq's hitting the year mark.

I have two inq's due to hit the year mark on my TU, actually one hit the year mark today (my TransRisk Score went up by thirteen points today, which I know means absolutely nothing) and the other will hit the year Dec 9th, I'm wondering once both inq's hit the year mark, if I will gain the 5 points I want oh so badly to put me at 800 TU FICO.

Oh that would be such a nice early Christmas present Smiley Happy

Sorry for the dumbest post ever Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: I wonder............

It is possible.One the score reasons does it refer to the inquiries on page or three of your MYFICO credit report?( in the whats hurting your score section)

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It would depend upon the mysterious unknown of how FICO diminishes the scoring affect of inquiries over the one year period that they are scored.

Most likely, the effect of the inq was only about 5 or so to begin with.  If some of its impact has already been reduced by the algorithm, you may see nothing or only a point or so as it finally evaporates.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndySoCal wrote:

It is possible.One the score reasons does it refer to the inquiries on page or three of your MYFICO credit report?( in the whats hurting your score section)

Well on page two "Understanding you Fico Score" it only lists one thing, **Too many accounts 14** on the inq page it says inq's that may be affecting your score **total 5 times** one hit the year mark yesterday and the other will hit the year mark Dec 9th, the other three will hit the year mark 5/12.

@RobertEG wrote:

It would depend upon the mysterious unknown of how FICO diminishes the scoring affect of inquiries over the one year period that they are scored.

Most likely, the effect of the inq was only about 5 or so to begin with.  If some of its impact has already been reduced by the algorithm, you may see nothing or only a point or so as it finally evaporates.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I guess another factor could be these two account hitting their 1 year anniversary, maybe that will have an impact, I'll find out when I pull my TU report on the 15th or 16th of this month.

I'll post any changes if any,

Thanks for the replies my Friends.

Message 4 of 9
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I'll pulling for ya.  Sure hope you get those 5 points plus some!!!!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@casmith1980 wrote:

I'll pulling for ya.  Sure hope you get those 5 points plus some!!!!

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two inq's due to hit the year mark on my TU, actually one hit the year mark today (my TransRisk Score went up by thirteen points today, which I know means absolutely nothing) and the other will hit the year Dec 9th, I'm wondering once both inq's hit the year mark, if I will gain the 5 points I want oh so badly to put me at 800 TU FICO.

Oh that would be such a nice early Christmas present Smiley Happy

Sorry for the dumbest post ever Smiley Very Happy

Just pulled my TU report and it's a 799 Smiley Indifferent

Oh come on FICO, couldn't you have given me 5 points instead of 4 points Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh come on FICO, couldn't you have given me 5 points instead of 4 points Smiley Very Happy

I guess it would have killed them to give you 1 more point. Tightwad Transunion! Smiley Mad 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess it would have killed them to give you 1 more point. Tightwad Transunion! Smiley Mad 

Well, I might still have a chance, I just checked my inq page on todays report and it still shows the inq from December 09, 2010 Discover Financial Svcs.

The inq from Dec 6th is gone but not the inq from the 9th.

So maybe I'll wait till next Friday and pull it again to see if I get another 4 points from the inq that's still there.

Here's to hoping!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.