Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Tax Check

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

IRS Tax Check

Mailed on the 10th. Cleared my checking account today the 16th.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: IRS Tax Check

@smallfry wrote:
Mailed on the 10th. Cleared my checking account today the 16th.

We Federal employees are not know for our swiftness! Smiley Wink (No, I'm neither the Postal Service nor the IRS.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had to file an extension this year.. guess I dont get my money  HUH
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bevy1234 wrote:
Had to file an extension this year.. guess I dont get my money  HUH

You'll get your money as long as you file by October 15.  It will just be delayed.  The longer you wait to file, the longer you'll have to wait for your money.

See the paragraph below the payment schedule charts here: http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-17-2008 08:31 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its about time I get something back I have been paying everyones car and house note that works for the IRS for years..
Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I paid. Someone mentioned a few days back that they were concerned about the IRS getting their check and having it clear their account before a check they had deposited had cleared.
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

We filed electronically and had the amount we owed sucked out of the checking account. No muss, no fuss. (No money left. Smiley Sad )
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
I paid. Someone mentioned a few days back that they were concerned about the IRS getting their check and having it clear their account before a check they had deposited had cleared.

That may have been my thread on the CCs forum you're thinking of.  I didn't mail a check, though, precisely because I didn't want it to clear too soon.  I used two CCs to pay the tax bill, and will PIF those CCs as soon as my deposited funds clear next week.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.