Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Guard's assessment of FICO

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Identity Guard's assessment of FICO

This is found in their Q&A:

Q.Is the credit report and score I get from IDENTITY GUARD the same as my FICO score?
No, the score we provide to you is based on data from the three credit bureaus, via CreditXpert. Although certain economic conditions affect the flexibility of your credit score, CreditXpert provides a much more accurate assessment of your credit score than FICO because it’s based on data from the past two years.

Funny stuff.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Identity Guard's assessment of FICO

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Yep.  They give me a 781 with a bk discharged last year.

Too bad I can't get CostCo Amex (or anyone else) to pull them!  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by beamMEup on 03-03-2010 08:41 AM
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

llecs wrote:

This is found in their Q&A:

Q.Is the credit report and score I get from IDENTITY GUARD the same as my FICO score?
No, the score we provide to you is based on data from the three credit bureaus, via CreditXpert. Although certain economic conditions affect the flexibility of your credit score, CreditXpert provides a much more accurate assessment of your credit score than FICO because it’s based on data from the past two years.

Funny stuff.

Oh, my!!!!!!!Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This would explain why the vast majority of lenders have dumped classic FICO scores in favor of the FICO NextGen scores, which emphasize the past two years! Smiley Surprised

(note: hardly anyone switched to NextGen, much less the FAKO version developed by the three CRA's Smiley Wink)

Nice to see the FAKO vendors still hanging in there, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It boggles my mind that car companies have to meet certain requirements for things like headlight or roof height, builders have to use a certain thickness of glass, you can't drink until you're 21...

...but companies like this can completely mess with people all day and get away with it because there are basically zero restrictions on credit reporting. Why are FAKO scores even allowed to exist? What purpose do they even serve? I can't understand why any CRA would feel the need to lie about something like this on one website, then be completely up front about it on another.

I'm not a fan of governmental regulations, but I would very much like to see Papa Fed shove a boot up some CRA bottoms.

Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

...but companies like this can completely mess with people all day and get away with it because there are basically zero restrictions on credit reporting. Why are FAKO scores even allowed to exist? What purpose do they even serve? I can't understand why any CRA would feel the need to lie about something like this on one website, then be completely up front about it on another.

I'm not a fan of governmental regulations, but I would very much like to see Papa Fed shove a boot up some CRA bottoms.

Othere than the fact that very few lenders use them, there really isn't anything wrong with FAKO scores as long as they are not advertised as the same credit score most lenders use or something like that.  Is a FAKO score any less accurate than a FICO score? Who knows.

Be carefull of wanting Papa Fed to get involved here since the bottom the boot goes up usually winds up being ours.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:

Be carefull of wanting Papa Fed to get involved here since the bottom the boot goes up usually winds up being ours.

Too true. It just seems that for all the federal regulations we have, the credit reporting side of it doesn't get its fair share.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.