Reply
Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Identity Guard's assessment of FICO

This is found in their Q&A:

 

Q.Is the credit report and score I get from IDENTITY GUARD the same as my FICO score?
No, the score we provide to you is based on data from the three credit bureaus, via CreditXpert. Although certain economic conditions affect the flexibility of your credit score, CreditXpert provides a much more accurate assessment of your credit score than FICO because it’s based on data from the past two years.

 

 

Funny stuff.

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,470
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Identity Guard's assessment of FICO

[ Edited ]

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

 

Yep.  They give me a 781 with a bk discharged last year.

 

Too bad I can't get CostCo Amex (or anyone else) to pull them!  :smileysad:

Message Edited by beamMEup on 03-03-2010 08:41 AM
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: Identity Guard's assessment of FICO


llecs wrote:

This is found in their Q&A:

 

Q.Is the credit report and score I get from IDENTITY GUARD the same as my FICO score?
No, the score we provide to you is based on data from the three credit bureaus, via CreditXpert. Although certain economic conditions affect the flexibility of your credit score, CreditXpert provides a much more accurate assessment of your credit score than FICO because it’s based on data from the past two years.

 

 

Funny stuff.


Oh, my!!!!!!!:smileyindifferent:

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Identity Guard's assessment of FICO

This would explain why the vast majority of lenders have dumped classic FICO scores in favor of the FICO NextGen scores, which emphasize the past two years! :smileysurprised:

(note: hardly anyone switched to NextGen, much less the FAKO version developed by the three CRA's :smileywink:)

Nice to see the FAKO vendors still hanging in there, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Contributor
thearmofbarlow
Posts: 110
Registered: ‎01-19-2010
0

Re: Identity Guard's assessment of FICO

It boggles my mind that car companies have to meet certain requirements for things like headlight or roof height, builders have to use a certain thickness of glass, you can't drink until you're 21...

 

...but companies like this can completely mess with people all day and get away with it because there are basically zero restrictions on credit reporting. Why are FAKO scores even allowed to exist? What purpose do they even serve? I can't understand why any CRA would feel the need to lie about something like this on one website, then be completely up front about it on another.

 

I'm not a fan of governmental regulations, but I would very much like to see Papa Fed shove a boot up some CRA bottoms.


Starting Score: 652 - 10/09
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
marty56
Posts: 5,696
Registered: ‎10-06-2007
0

Re: Identity Guard's assessment of FICO


thearmofbarlow wrote:

...but companies like this can completely mess with people all day and get away with it because there are basically zero restrictions on credit reporting. Why are FAKO scores even allowed to exist? What purpose do they even serve? I can't understand why any CRA would feel the need to lie about something like this on one website, then be completely up front about it on another.

 

I'm not a fan of governmental regulations, but I would very much like to see Papa Fed shove a boot up some CRA bottoms.


Othere than the fact that very few lenders use them, there really isn't anything wrong with FAKO scores as long as they are not advertised as the same credit score most lenders use or something like that.  Is a FAKO score any less accurate than a FICO score? Who knows.

 

Be carefull of wanting Papa Fed to get involved here since the bottom the boot goes up usually winds up being ours.

11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Contributor
thearmofbarlow
Posts: 110
Registered: ‎01-19-2010
0

Re: Identity Guard's assessment of FICO


marty56 wrote:

 

Be carefull of wanting Papa Fed to get involved here since the bottom the boot goes up usually winds up being ours.


Too true. It just seems that for all the federal regulations we have, the credit reporting side of it doesn't get its fair share.


Starting Score: 652 - 10/09
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}