cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I am added as AU of CC, will my score jump?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am added as AU of CC, will my score jump?

If my parents added me as a Authorized user of 2 CC's with high limits and low balances would my score go up at all? Right now I am a AU of a dicover card that has a $6000 limit but generally has a balance of 60-70%. Will adding the other 2 cards help even everything out? Each card is around $3000 limit with little or no balance.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

The amount that your score will increase will depend on a...

The amount that your score will increase will depend on a number of factors.  First and most importantly being, whether or not the card does report for AUs.  Some do, some don't.  If it will giveyou a considerably longer history you should see some improvement.  If there are no significant baddies on your report, even more of a boost
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was added as an AU just recently. The card limit is 41,...

I was added as an AU just recently. The card limit is 41,000 and the amount charged on it shows $3. I received an alert that notified me of a 17 increase. Now this could be because I just paid down my cards or because of the AU being added. I am thinking the FICO alert might be a little slow. Within the past month I had a lot of activity (good) and I have only received one alert.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.