BDL
BDL

If I am added as AU of CC, will my score jump?

If my parents added me as a Authorized user of 2 CC's with high limits and low balances would my score go up at all? Right now I am a AU of a dicover card that has a $6000 limit but generally has a balance of 60-70%. Will adding the other 2 cards help even everything out? Each card is around $3000 limit with little or no balance.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

The amount that your score will increase will depend on a...

The amount that your score will increase will depend on a number of factors.  First and most importantly being, whether or not the card does report for AUs.  Some do, some don't.  If it will giveyou a considerably longer history you should see some improvement.  If there are no significant baddies on your report, even more of a boost
Valued Contributor
jaybee

I was added as an AU just recently. The card limit is 41,...

I was added as an AU just recently. The card limit is 41,000 and the amount charged on it shows $3. I received an alert that notified me of a 17 increase. Now this could be because I just paid down my cards or because of the AU being added. I am thinking the FICO alert might be a little slow. Within the past month I had a lot of activity (good) and I have only received one alert.
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}