cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If credit reports from 2 bureaus are exactly same, Will the corresponding scores also be same?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If credit reports from 2 bureaus are exactly same, Will the corresponding scores also be same?

If credit reports from 2 bureaus are exactly same, Will the corresponding scores also be same? Message Edited by hm on 07-08-2008 03:04 PM

Message Edited by hm on 07-08-2008 03:05 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If credit reports from 2 bureaus are exactly same, Will the corresponding scores also be same?

Welcome, hm.

Probably not. The bureaus use somewhat different formulae.  Also, it's unlikely that the reports are exactly the same. Subtle variances can make a difference.
Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: If credit reports from 2 bureaus are exactly same, Will the corresponding scores also be same?

Highly unlikely (although it does sometimes happen.)

This is because each CRA (credit bureau) commissions its own unique score formula from FICO, so identical factors on your reports are given slightly different weight. It's like having different teachers each grade your essay. Each will be impressed or dismayed by different elements in your paper.

My three kids in their early 20's have never had the same scores on a report, even when they only had a couple of accounts. (I mean that each kid did not have matching scores on his/her report.)

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

edit to add: OK, mas, you out-typed me! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-08-2008 03:20 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, but as always you 'splain it better. The teachers-grading-papers example is spot on.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone. Thanks for your replies. Actually I am asking about FICO scores on myfico.com. Here the teacher is same i.e. myfico.com. So myfico.com should give same score irrespective of the credit bureau, if the reports are exactly same. Because myfico.com should use the same formula to calculate the score irrespective of the credit bureaus. What do you guys think? Thanks, HM
Message 5 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

MY EX and EQ has the same info on it.  Prior to my new auto loan, my EX score was 27 points higher.  I know that EQ hates lates so there is one example of the difference between CRAs.

TU hates # cards reporting a balance and EX goes crazy over total util including installment loans which I just learned to my sorrow.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone. Thanks for your replies. Actually I am asking about FICO scores on myfico.com. Here the teacher is same i.e. myfico.com. So myfico.com should give same score irrespective of the credit bureau, if the reports are exactly same. Because myfico.com should use the same formula to calculate the score irrespective of the credit bureaus. What do you guys think? Thanks, HM

No, you can get three different reports here at myFICO. Again, each CRA commissions FICO to create a specific scoring formula, and the formulas are different.

Here at myFICO you can buy your EQ FICO, your TU FICO, and your EX FICO scores. The scores are derived from your credit reports, and the credit bureaus actually own the scores and reports. myFICO is your access to them, since you're not a mortgage lender or a credit card company.

Clear as mud?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hm. Definitely agree with the others. The teachers might all work in the same department, but they are not the same person grading the paper.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.