Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignorant question -- need informed answer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignorant question -- need informed answer

I have a membership to a three in one credit outfit.  I am seriously considering buying into myfico complete, but am confused and unclear regarding what one gets for $50 per year.  So you only get to see your 3 fico scores once a year for the $50?  You get your 3 credit reports every 30 days for a year?  I must be misunderstanding because this doesn't sound like a good deal.  Why can't we get to see our score once a month or something.  At my freecreditreport.com I can see an updated score every 24 hours if I want.  Help!  Should I spend this hard earned money on myfico?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Ignorant question -- need informed answer

Texasphoenix, The short answer on why you would spend $50 to see each of your three scores once is that they are your real FICO scores. The scores you get from freecreditreport.com are not real scores and can be off by many points (some have posted differences of >100-150pts). More importantly the FAKO scores do not necessarily track your FICO scores (i.e. one can go down while the other goes us). In a nutshell the 3-in-1 credit reports are nice to monitor your reports for activity, but they are worthless for scores.

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Texasphoenix, The short answer on why you would spend $50 to see each of your three scores once is that they are your real FICO scores. The scores you get from freecreditreport.com are not real scores and can be off by many points (some have posted differences of >100-150pts). More importantly the FAKO scores do not necessarily track your FICO scores (i.e. one can go down while the other goes us). In a nutshell the 3-in-1 credit reports are nice to monitor your reports for activity, but they are worthless for scores.

Cheers 

Helpful Threads
Message 2 of 5
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

I forgot to mention that you should google "myfico discount code" before purchasing your scores. You can usually find 20% off codes to save some $$. 

Helpful Threads
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

My preference is for the Suze Orman kit versus MYFICO complete. With the Suze Orman kit you get 3 reports/scores pulled at your request from the CRA you want with 12 months to use all 3. You could use all three  for EQ  for example or get 1 TU and 2 EX, etc. Anyway it gives you flexibility. MYfico complete gives you one from each agency, and I believe they are pulled on the same day.

Cheers 

Helpful Threads
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.