New Visitor
jamesdev

Impact of Short Sale

I'm getting as many different answers as professionals I ask so thought I'd try it here. I am forced to sort sale in CA as I am being transferred to another state. I have good credit (average about 750) and have no current lates (mortgage or otherwise). My 2nd mortgage is pending approval for short sale but lender is only saying that they will show the loan as a short, even though we carry a small balance with us. Given that there are and will be no late payments associated with this short sale, which typically is what drives down the score, can anyone tell me what impact to the scores I can expect, and what, if anything, beyond the score will be impacted if I try and get a new loan (FHA).

Thanks
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Impact of Short Sale

Hey, bud, a great question, and you will get your answer by clicking into the Credit Education tab at the top of this page, then going into Education Videos, clicking on "more," and listening about halfway through their webinar dated 2/22/08 on the distinction between different types of mortgate closures.  I will let FairIsaac answer your question for you.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}